Chapter 29: Just Give Him A Chance

Where are you? I need to talk to you. I heard Zenan say in my mind. I jumped and my eyes widened. I had forgotten about our connection.

"I'm in my room with Lucas. Why?" I accidentally said out loud. Lucas looked at me weirdly. "Sorry." I told him then repeated what I had said in my mind.

"You have a weird look on your face. What's going on?" Lucas asked me scooting closer to me on my bed.

Get him out. I need to talk to you alone. Zenan said. I could almost feel him frowning.

"One second." I said to Luke, putting my finger up before focusing on Zenan.

Whatever you have to say to me, you can say in front of him.

It's about last night. Zenan said and I turned to Lucas.

"Sorry. I'm not feeling real well. You should go get situated with your room and everything anyways." I said the first thing I thought of.

"Oh okay." He said standing up. He bent down and kissed my forehead before leaving. A few moments later Zenan appeared.

"What about last night did you want to talk about?" I asked as he sat down on a chair in the corner.

"Last night when I said I couldn't understand you, well I understood a part of what you said on why you were crying." He told me.

"Why didn't you tell me last night?" I asked him.

"Because I wanted you to go back to sleep. And because I'm not sure how I feel about what you said."

"What did I say?"

"That you hated being here and wish you never showed up. Or that I never found you." He said quietly. He didn't think I meant that. Right?

"Your kidding. Right?"

"I'm afraid not." He said. "Is it true?"

"No Zenan. It's not. Sure I'm not very happy to be here but I am happy I met everyone. Especially you and Lucas."

Yeah but you'd probably date him before you would me.. I heard him think. He probably didn't mean for time to hear it so I shut up. The only thing that caught me off guard was the dating part. Did he want to date me?

*•*•*

"Do you think he likes me?" I asked Savanah as she felt around my ribs to see if they had healed any.

"It's possible. You are supposed to end up together anyways so why not?"

"It's just kind of sudden though. Sure, I feel wmsomething around him, but I don't think I like him. He's a great guy and any girl would be lucky to have him but I don't know exactly how I feel about him."

"If you think about it, there's a possibility you like him. And anyways I think Lucas has developed a crush on you."

"Really? I think he's just being nice."

"He's known you for a day Madlynn." She told me finishing up.

"My point exactly."

"Your ribs are healing. Continue to not stress them too much. I think you can do more without help now but if it hurts, have someone get me." She said getting up off of my bed.

"I will. Thank you."

"And keep in mind what I said. You should give him a chance."

"Your just saying that because you want me to date him."

"He's a good guy. Give it a try."

"Whatever." I said. Maybe I would give him a chance if he would just let go of the Rhiann girl.