Chapter 28: Well... Hello There

The moment I opened my eyes I almost screamed. I quickly covered my mouth so I wouldn't wake anyone up.

I pulled my blanket closer to me, scooting to the edge of the bed. I was debating weather to leave my room or confront the person who was sleeping in my bed.

Carefully touching my ribs, I winced and decided to wake him up. The moment I touched him I gasped at the surge of energy that ran through my fingertips. I immediately pulled my hand back.

"Zenan?" I asked quietly almost afraid to know why he was in my bed. I softly nudged him and he groaned.

"Zenan, get out of my bed." I said pushing him a little harder. He rolled away from me, probably still half asleep and ended up on the floor.

Even though I should be furious, I ended up laughing. He stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. His eyes widened when he realized where he was.

"Why were you in my bed?" I asked moving back onto my bed. Zenan closed his eyes.

"When I was heading to my room when I got back, you were crying in your sleep so I came in to check on you." He told me. "You were half asleep and told me to stay in here with you. I was going to leave after you fell asleep, but I guess I fell asleep too."

"Oh." I said. Zenan wasn't a bad guy so I didn't know why I was so worried. I really didn't think he would have done anything. "Sorry for pushing you off the bed."

"Technically I rolled off of the bed, but I really deserved it. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay.." I said. "Do you know why I was crying?"

"No. I could barely understand you." He said yawning. Then I realized it was probably midnight.

"I should let you get to bed. It's probably late." I said wrapping my blanket closer to me.

"Again, sorry for scaring you. I didn't mean to fall asleep." He told me before leaving my room.

"Goodnight, Zenan." I said quietly after he left, then went back to sleep.

.*.*.

"I thought I heard something in your room last night. Everything okay?" Blake asked me as I sat down at the table for breakfast. My eyes widened.

"Last night? Everything was okay. I-"

"I fell out of her bed." Zenan said before I could say anything.

"What?!" Blake said spitting his water out in shock. I was pretty sure out faces were almost identical.

"I fell out of her bed." Zenan said again. I ran my hand over my face, covering it already knowing how my brother was going to react.

"Madlynn, you are in trouble." Blake scowled getting up.

"What did she do?" A disheveled Lucas asked joining us.

"Zenan and Madlynn had some fun last night." Blake said still frowning.

"I think I missed something." Lucas said, looking between Zenan and I.

"Can I please explain before anyone jumps to conclusions?" I asked.

"It's not that hard to understand." Blake said.

"Zenan heard me crying in my sleep last night when he got home and ended up falling asleep on my bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and pushed him off my bed since I didn't know why he was there." I quickly explained before either of them could interrupt me. "He explained then went to his room. Nothing happened. I swear."

Lucas looked between Blake, Zenan and I then bursted out laughing. "I knew - something was - wrong. You two hate each other." He said between laughs.

"I guess your telling the truth." Blake said rolling his eyes at Lucas who was still laughing.

"I don't think it's that funny." I frowned at Luke. He slowly regained his posture and sat down at his spot.

"Good morning everyone." Savanah said coming into the dining room with a tray of food, oblivious to our conversation. Blake sat back down and I glared at Zenan. He just shrugged before getting some eggs.

"Just to make sure, there isn't anything going on between you two right?" Lucas asked stuffing his mouth, still looking between me and Zenan.

"Nothing is going on between us." I said getting myself some food.

"Okay, good."