Chapter 7

I hear voices. 

I can't tell whos they are. However, I recognize one of them. My eyes are still closed, so I try to open them. Instantly, I'm hit with a bright light. I squint my eyes and look around the room. I small figure with long blonde hair stands by the door. It must be Six. She looks at me and walks over. "How are you?" She asks sitting on the bed gently. "I'm ok. What's going on. And why are you here?" I ask. Six scratchs behind her neck, and sighs. "Eric said that if you didn't get up in the next day you were out od Dauntless. And I just came to check on you." She says. "Oh. How long has it been since the fight?"  I ask trying to sit up. Six helps me, resting one hand on my shoulder and taking my hand with her other. "It's only been a day. It's about 10 am right now, so." She says. "Oh." I say. "Ya, you weren't hurt too badly though, so that's good" Six says. I frown. Why is she being nice? Why does she care if I'm ok. She doesn't. She probably just wants me in or out of Dauntless so she won't have to deal with me anymore. 

Six helps me to the initiates dorm after a few more test. I was apparently good to go, which is good if I want to stay in Dauntless, but what will happen at the next fight? I walk in and see that my bunk has paint all over it. 'Stiff' is written on every side, even the sheets and pillows. I sigh. "Hey Toby!" Six yells from outside the dorm. "I need to talk to you" She says sternly. I walk back out quickly. Six closes the door when I get in the hallway and leans against the wall. "Uh, sorry about your bed. How about you meet me by the chasm tonight and I can clean them for you." Six says. "Why are you being so nice? Especially to me" I say. "I'm not. I just, think you have potential. You'd make a good Dauntless" Six says. "and" she starts. "I was picked on during my initiation too." She says. I stay silent. "Anyways" She pushes off the wall and yanks the door open. "Now get your ass back in there!" She yells. As I walk in, Six winks at me. I sit on my bed.

What was that. She feels sorry for me? Or... no way. She doesn't like me. She probably just takes pity on me. But I have 'potential'. That isn't possible, I'm skinny, puny, not strong at all. Maybe because I'm smart? But I didn't think that's the kind of stuff they cared about here. Oh well, I guess I'll have to see tonight. Tonight... WHY TONIGHT? Why does she want to see me tonight? So we aren't seen? Or maybe she's going to get rid of me so I don't bother the other initiates. Or it could be a prank. I push these thoughts aside and lay on my bed, sighing.