Chapter 3

We all go back to the dorms. tomorrow is our first day of training so we-or at least I-need to get some rest.

I wake up the next morning to everyone scrambling around to get ready. "you have 2 minutes!" I see someone yell and walk out. Their blonde hair hangs over her shoulders and goes down to the center of her back. Six. I quickly get ready and follow everyone to the training room

"Today you will begin fighting. After a while of training you will fight each other. We will then rank you depending on how many wins and loses you have. With that being said, Six." Eric says and backs into the corner to watch, eyeing all of us like we're his prey. Six goes up to a punching bag. Then she faces us.

Alright first you'll learn some simple punches and kicks. She shows us a few and I have trouble mimicking her but after a while I get the hang of it. I begin punching the bag. Six walks around watching everyone but lingers around me. "Your not as weak as I thought you'd be Stiff. I was-" She cuts herself off, then continues. "I was expecting you to be much more weak. I continue to punch, unsure of if that was an insult or compliment. Maybe she's trying to get on my nerves. Then she seems to disappear. I try a different punch. This one I'm not as good at. Six reappears on my right and I jump. She touches my arm, and at first I don't know why, then I realize she's positioning it. "Keep your arms high, so your opponent can't hit you in the face or neck. I'd recommend using your elbows and hit their throat. And you should strike first. Your fast." She stops and clears her throat. That was a lot of advice. "I just wanted you to know, because your from abnegation so this is new to you." She walks away. Something tells me she didn't say all of that because I was from abnegation. But I ignore it and continue to punch.