45

Note:
I know it's Korean song. But listen to this song while reading the story. I was writing this chapter while listening this song on an hour loop.

*****

A girl stepped down from the white taxi who had just driven down the snowy road. The atmosphere of winter and night that had just fallen made it feels colder. Her slender fingers pressed the coat she was wearing. Her lips occasionally blew her hands after thanking the kind-hearted taxi driver who took her safely in the big house in front of her now.

Her feet hesitantly walked close to the huge gate that greeted her before her finger pressed the bell next to it. Make a middle-aged woman rush out and open the gate for her. She moved his arm closer to his face, slightly flinching, her eyes staring at the small ticking needle on the brown watch that curled around her wrist.

7.07

She sighed before showing her sweetest smile to the middle-aged woman who welcomed her.

"Thank you," She said while slightly bowing her body.

The middle-aged woman then showed the way to the place where she —might be spending the night on her weekend.

"Young Master Seijūrō is in his room."

Akagi nodded while smiling then follow her.

That house is big. Like very big. And very quiet. At first glance she saw a photo of the late Akashi's mother. Her mind suddenly drifted to a few hours ago before she was in his mansion. She remembered very well she was tying his shoelaces, when a soft buzz came from her phone, showed Akashi's name on the screen. Made her rushed to pick it up while watching the clock that appears on the screen.

*****

It was 2.35

"Where are you?"

That ash-haired girl knitted her eyebrow when she heard his hoarse voice. "Are you sick?"

"Huh? How do you know?"

Akagi rolled her eyes.

"You sound so." She sighed. "Will you act stupid by coming to Tokyo today? You have a match with Shutoku the day after tomorrow. Don't force yourself to come-"

"Go to Kyoto."

Akagi heard a small cough from her phone line.

"Are you crazy?"

"No. I want you to come to my house in Kyoto."

"What should I say to my parents? Are you out of your mind?"

"I told your father and he gave me his permission."

Akagi stammered.

"How do you have my father's phone number?" She asked, half shocked. Then looked at her father who pretended not to know her.

'Tsk! Did you do it on purpose? '

That scarlet-eyed girl snorted.

"There won't be tickets left if I buy it now. Especially Shinkansen-"