Chapter 2

David Parker on the other hand, comes from an ordinary family. His father is a salaried employee who earns just as much to fulfil their needs. David is zealous, energetic and enigmatic.

He has an angelic face with a jawline that could kill. His eyes were blue. Almost sickening blue. Like the cloudless blue sky. Square shaped face which makes his jaw sharper. His smile ravishingly sits on his perfect face. He is buoyant but seems to cultivate solitude. Interaction feels like a suffering to him. His heart is insensitive and inconsiderate to Other people's feeling. He's shrewd and witty. His only ambition in life is to be the most powerful person alive. Because to him power wins over all.

His  philosophy for life is “Success comes to those who dare and act”. Never has he ever fallen in love. He'd love to fall in love but for him time was money and he's dead against wasting money.

David lived in an hall and parlour house. Just satisfactory for his small family. It had two bedrooms and one hall. Nothing so fancy. David loathed living in that house. Now David Parker was not one of those people who'd question fate, rather he was the sort of a person who believed in transforming it.

He was inevitably serene and self contained. David never had that many friends. He only had one friend, Zack. He had known Zack for almost 10 years now. He was his strength, support and foundation and had been for all these years. David was fond of reading, he read alot. Mostly about the current affairs and certain novels.

Sidney Sheldon was David's most liked novelist. He only read novels from him. David idolized the characters from his novels. His favourite quote also came from Sidney's novel- Rage of angels

"Being poor is only romantic in books"

David had once caught sight of his father reading one of the books from Sidney Sheldon that read " windmills of the gods ". He was inquisitive and desired to devour it. But his father told him he was too young to decode the language. David being a curious soul, couldn't let go so he snuck into his father's room when he wasn't there and began reading it. As he went on reading he was bewitched by the charm of the author's skills. He saved money from his allowance to get more of his books. He was so enchanted by them.

David adored his parents and appreciated everything they did for him. But he just desired for more. He just never aspired to settle till he had the whole world on his fingertips. Now that would be a long-lasting and daunting road to walk on but David was prepared for it.

"Nothing in life comes easy." He realised this when he was born to a middle class family. He had to struggle for everything. He often thought how  he had to withstand all the pain the burden had to walk down this miserable path all alone to achieve what we call "power" 

David didn't like the idea of people learning about his past and he never discussed his father to anybody. He didn't need their commiseration. He knew something inside of him was  broken and nothing could repair it . Only Zack comprehended his heartburn and always comforted him with soft words, lent a ear. Now that was comfort. A shoulder to cry on. Something precious.

Nobody spoke to David at school except for his friend Zack. And he frankly never despised that. He fancied the idea of students being petrified of him. Some people even thought he was a vampire, because of his fair skin tone and his angelic blue eyes. He would burst out laughing everytime he heard such tittle-tattle.

Now David was only 19, and he had to be the man of the house, look after his mother and also go to work. He worked as a marketing intern at start up. His job was very challenging and tiring. He was often surprised about how he could handle work and school both. He knew resting and chilling with friends wasn't for him. So he invested the same time in working. He was very promising the boss loved his work. His co-workers envied him cuz he was really good and never paid any attention to them.

Author's note❤️
What you y'all think of this chapter?? Any suggestions are welcomed 😍 also thank you for reading !