Chapter 11

David was perplexed. He didn't know if he was supposed to ask what she knew or just  ignore the question altogether. He proceeded to move with the latter and chose to ignore it. 

"Yesterday.. it was quite wonderful wasn't it.”

"No David just get to the point. You're getting to the wrong end of the stick. I know why you were there last night and I won't judge you. " Kate pressed David's hand.

"You're serious.. how did you know? " David peered and look investigatingly

"Imagine.. I've never seen you at any of those parties all my life. Like never. And then unexpectedly I see you dressed to the nines with a guy who I am may have seen at these events in the past. "

"You know him?” David was trying to get a hold of what was happening.

"I'm not allowed to know him.. he's one of pop's sons I suppose.."

"Well indeed you're right.  I was there because of business. But on the brighter side I quite enjoyed it cause of you.. "

"Honeslty you shouldn't really be a part of this David. It will pulverize you. It's not going to help you build a good career. You're going to be one of the bad boys it and will kill your reputation."
  kate put her head down in annoyance.

"Honestly kate. Tell me where the nice people are who do all the good angel work and become powerful or famous or get what they want. And it's not like I have a reputation to maintain. " He shrugged.

"No.. all I'm trying to say is that.. what if you get arrested? What if the police take you away. You know they're slanted. they'll ask for a shedload of money or torture you for information. Have you ever thought about all that.?"

"Look I understand you're concerned. But if they take me, they take me. I can't really help it, kate. And honestly stop acting like you're some saint.. everyone knows what kind of business your father is into. "

"David you don't understand.. my father is powerful. They'd think twice before touching him. It's like the powerful people have a patent to do dreadful things. It's only the poor that suffer and what if anything happens to you. I won't be able to protect you.. why don't you understand".. she banged her head in annoyance.

"Firstly, I don't think I need protection from someone like you. And if you think that I'm going to play along your silly little be my boyfriend game then you're wrong. I know damn well what's good for me and what's not. So step off you're not even my friend yet. Okay? " David was furious. He was reminded of the times he couldn't control his anger and it made him teary.

"You don't know what's good for you.. you don't know what you're getting yourself into. You're just doing it in search of power and freedom because you've sensed pain and don't ever want to be in a situation where you're not in control. I get it. Goddamnit. But you have to consider every bit of it,  David. These people they'll use you for their advantage and the moment you end up in jail you're out of their 'family' ” Kate's voice was blaring through his ears, it was electric passing currents. 

"Pops wouldn't do that. You know. He would come save me.."

"Just how deceptive are you? you don't need protection from me and want to be on your own but at the same time you need someone like him to come save you? Are you serious? Also,  why don't you ask pops what he did to Nelson. You'd know damn well what kind of  person he is and I'd like to leave. Thanks for the de - bate”

"Kate wait.. I dint mean to hurt you. Im just not used to anyone caring for me or protecting me it's scary it's as fragile as a mirror, it could break anytime. "

"What you don't understand is I would never let your trust break. But I've to go David"

Kate was furious at him she busted in her car and slammed the door shut. David didn't follow her or  try to stop her.  she knew he wasn't one of those people that would put their pride in line with anything.

Now David had this thought playing on repeat in mind like a music record. He couldn't fathom what must've gone with Nelson. How did he die? Was he murderedby pops.

He knew he would have to confront pops before he went ahead with any of this. He knew down the line  kate could be right. The police officials wouldn't dare touch somebody like pops or Richard Williams. But they could take their frustration out on him or  some poor chap like him.

He got in his car and rushed to Knicks in hopes of seeing pops. He knew he had to know and had also made up his mind that he would leave this business if he didn't recieve an appropriate response. Kate was right he doesn't have to be affiliated with the bad guys and live a pathetic life.

He walked  in and spotted pops having a conversation with someone. David was furious yet calm on the outside he knew they could kill him if he acted chary. So he waited for pops to notice him.

"Hey! My boy. What's up. ?? "

"I'd very much like if you'd tell me what's up.." he voice was slowly rising through the entire conversation.

"What do you mean..Is something wrong my boy? Pops looked concerned.

"Something is wrong and I would like to know what! What is wrong.. what happened to Nelson. Did you get him killed just because he wasn't obeying you or he got arrested and you left him to die.. " pops was dumbfounded.. he was wondering who had informed David of Nelson..

The situation got tense.. the boys were ready to grab him and thrash him.
one yelled
    "how dare you talk to him like that you low life cunt."

David didn't respond.. pops calmed and responded.

"I'll tell you what happened with Nelson.

He was murdered.....”

Author's note ❤️
What do y'all think?