Chapter 18

Pops was shot.. what..why  would Richard do it

The fear had possessed David's mind. He was  set to leave when kate held his hand.

"What happened? Why do you look worried?"

"Somebody shot pops." He was mornful.

"What really. Why do I think I know who could be behind it? "

"You never know. I've got to go check on him. "

"No I'll go with you. "

"No you don't have to go." Richard intervened.

"I'm sorry father but I need to go with him. Please don't stop me. Let's go David."

Richard belted up. He didn't want to say anything else to kate.

"Yeah.. let's go in my car. " Kate said.

"No let's go in mine. We don't wanna act big".

"But where would he be David? Did they take him to the hospital?"

"No I think he's at Knicks. Let's go. "

They dispelled and were getting close to Knicks.

"David please don't worry. He's going to be okay. We'll take care of him. I can connect to the best hospitals in the city."

"Thanks for being here." David mumbled

They arrived and David rushed inside kate got in too but she got the same eerie feeling. The place looked so shady and she was creeped out for some reason.

"Where is he??" David asked some guy waiting there

"He's inside and he refuses to see a doctor. "

David got in the room.
He saw pops lying down on a mattress.

"I knew you'd come. " Pops tried to sit but he couldn't so he just decided to lie down.

"Ofcourse I would. But who did this to you? "

"I have ample of enemies my boy. I can't be too sure"

"I think I may know. "

"Let's not jump to the conclusion and  who is this pretty girl with you."

Kate was frightened looking at him like that she was about to cry he was shot right on his shoulder not enough to kill him but enough to hurt him terribly.

"I'm kate. Richard's daughter."

"Woah I'm being visited by Richards daughter. "

"It's not about that why don't we take you a hospital and you'll be okay soon." Kate argued in anticipation.

"I don't believe in hospitals or doctors love. They're all swindlers. They could kill me for fucks sake. "

"For god's sake they won't kil you. They'll repair the damage and send you back home."

"Greg here has already removed the bullet and has  stitched my flesh together so I'm going to be okay."

"But it can get infectious you have to see a medical expert"

"I don't trust in doctors. I don't trust doctors.." pops was losing consciousness.

David was so teary. He thought this was it. It all happened because he refused to Richard's offer. Had he taken it, pops wouldn't have gotten hurt.

"Does it hurt real bad?" David asked

"Nope Nothing hurts more than losing family. And I'm so glad I'm surrounded by my loved ones."

"No please stop. I'm sorry. I should've just accepted Richards offer. I didn't and this happened. It all happened because of me". He was running out of breathe.

"Richard didn't do it. I'm sure he didn't. "

"Why would he not?"

"Because I'm worth more alive than dead to him. That's why".

"No he did this to you. He's an asshole and he has no mercy you're right! He's a murderer."

Kate couldn't believe her father was ruining so many lives she didn't know how to stop crying.

David stormed out. He wanted to ask Richard for himself why he was ruining their lives, kate followed him.

"David wait I'll go with you. Don't face my father alone. It's not safe. Let me go with you.  "

"If you like you can come watch me kick your dad's ass".

"Wow you're being sassy. "

They got back to her place soon.

Richard knew David would come back. He was out in the lawn as he saw them enter.

"Wow you back soon."

"Shut up why would you do it? "

"Do what? Shoot your beloved father?"

David came close and held his color.
"Why ? "

" I didn't do it."

"I know you did. "

"I don't waste time on lowlives. Plus I need him. I wouldn't do that."

"I know you did it to warn me so I join hands with you. "

"David. My boy. I know you will come to me. I don't need to waste my energy."

"Well if you didn't do it then who did?" Kate intervened

"Hmm.. let me think. I think pops had a feud going on with these guys in his line of business.."

"Just give me his name." David's voice was deep.

"I like how you're fearless. I think it's dolche brothers".

"What. I haven't even heard of them."

"How many people do you know in this line of business. But I must warn you they're threatening him and if he doesn't do what they say they'll kill him. "

"They can't kill him. I'll protect him"

"You can't even protect yourself and I have to get back to work. I'm sorry kate you had see this side of me. But daddy loves you. "

Kate didn't respond. She looked at David and she knew what he was thinking. He was going act quickly again and land into more trouble.

David kept murmuring "who are dolche brothers? What they want."

Author's note ❤️
What do y'all think? Took too long to write this one. I'll try and post sooner.🥰🥰