Chapter 10

The night was exceptionally beguiling, the kind that held the stars and made them shine brighter.

David couldn't process the insights of the incident. Kate's dad was into this shady business.. or had Tim mistaken him for somebody else? But that wasn't quite possible since he seemed confident enough.

He somehow abstained these thoughts from consuming him and decided to head back. He was home it was tranquil, as ever. He was wondering what one was supposed to do with such a huge amount. Do you save it, invest it or do you spend it?
would kate know what to do with the money since she's rich?

He cudgeled his brain out wondering what would happen if he ever got arrested. He could envisage the worst of the worsts so he decided squeeze his eyes shut and catch forty winks. but then he was reminded of kate and how she enthralling she was. Could be possibly like her too? this was the first time in 19 years that he was looking forward to the next day and meeting a certain somebody.

Immediately after he woke up, the sun was sparkling through his window panes. He reached out for the clock and checked that it was almost 11:50. A sense of panic rushed in. Kate was going to be there at 11:59 am. How could be possibly make it in time now?

Now Canto had bright, crystalline almost transparent windows and he could spot kate sitting by the side. She was wearing a vermilion blouse. He ran towards the restaurant and got in.

It was almost 12:30 when he arrived he thought 30 mins wouldn't really make that big of a difference and this would be a golden opportunity to test if she is calm and composed or one of our over dramatic rich bitches.

He smiled at her and plopped down.. she looked enchanting. He liked the fact that she wore minimal makeup and was being so herself.

"So.. I did get down here at 11:59 am. But it's okay I enjoyed waiting for you. And 31 minutes isn't even alot. " She was all smiles.

David was grinning at her sarcasm "You know your sarcasm really gets me" "

"Haha I am funny.. and by the way don't you have any siblings to wake you up for a date??"

"A date?? I'm literally wearing my plain white shirt with a cargo and you fancy calling this a date? Also to answer your question I don't have any siblings.. "

"Still looking as charming as ever. " kate winked and continued
"Bummer, Don't you like get jaded and feel all alone."

"I don't.. I like my life the way it is.. and there's nothing I can do about this so why be sad?

You know don't question fate. Change it.

That's how I go by."

"Maybe you're right.. but .."

"But.. what kate..you've gotta realise that we have to live this life by ourselves all alone. There ain't no Saviour there ain't nobody that is going to come save you or entertain you."

"It's not about that. You know sometime ago, I used to feel the same way. But you don't need anyone to entertain you, you certainly don't need anyone to be your savior but you do need someone who's going through the same thing or worse to understand you and support you. You just need someone you can have a heart to heart with. "

"And how does that help.. it simply means you're kind of relying on them.." David intervened.

"Tell me what is the harm in relying on someone that wants to do the same for you... We're people David.
PEOPLE NEED PEOPLE. No matter how many times you say you don't need anyone or that you're better off yourself. But deep down you know you'd want someone to share your happiness and your sorrows with. We're incomplete without some elements from our loved ones."

"But you're a whole kate. You are a complete person. A whole. "

"I am a complete human. But this complete human was born with feelings and emotions. And you can kill your feelings and bury your emotions, but tell me do you ever think about someone that's been there for you and do you wish to see them in your future. Cause by God I do."

David was actually reminded of Zack, his mom, his dad and also pops also for some reason and he did wish to see them in future.

"I do.. I kind of do want to see people in my future.. although your name's not on the list" He chuckled.

"See.. I have my answer. You have feelings and I don't want to be in your future. I'd be glad to be in your present."

"Well that was one hell of a heated conversation.."
David finally was going through the menu, he was filled with an undying energy.

"But we both did learn a couple of things" he concluded.

"Um.. yes.. I didnt really know what you'd like for breakfast.. so I ended up ordering the entire menu which includes the Ceasar salad."

"You ended up ordering the entire menu!!! Thank you for being so thoughtful but I'd just like to have a chicken burger with extra cheese and a side of fries.. also we're going to waste so much food. That's so not cool kate"

Kate hummed everytime she listened to him taking her name.

"Don't worry.. I won't waste it.. if we can't possibly finish it.. I'll give to the needy."

"We obviously won't be able to finish the entire menu!! oh and that's so kind of you"

"Hm... and I know why you were at the party last night David.."
.
.
.

Author's note ❤️
Do y'all think kate knows???