Chapter 62

Maddison's POV

Me and Louren decided to walk around the pack and hangout after training. By the time we got back to the packhouse it was about 8pm.

"Oh there you are baby. Would you mind helping us set the table for dinner?? Your dad can't join us since he has something to do with Garreth." Mom, the Bloodrose Luna and Jayden's mom holding Lucas were in the kitchen talking.

"Sure mom. How about Mason?? And.. Jayden??" She stopped cooking for a sec before turning to me.

"You don't know??" She asked me as I was fonding over Lucas. "I don't know what??"

She looked reluctant on telling me but with a little push she ended telling me.

"What?! If... If that's so then it's too dangerous for just the two of them." I told them in a worried tone.

"It was Jayden's plan sweety. He actually wanted to go alone but his Alpha managed to convince him to take Mason."

"Don't worry about them Maddison. I'm sure they'll be safe, and they're only going to capture a vampire and come back." I looked at the Bloodrose Luna and smiled softly.

"Thank you Luna." She waved it off. "Call me Lina."

Lucas then started cooing making us all smile at him. "He really looks just like him." I say.

"Would you like to hold him??" I looked at Eleina who smiled at me and nodded my head slowly.

Giving him to me carefully, I was slightly scared that I'll drop him but that thought went away the moment I had him in my arms.

He curiously looked at me with his blue eyes before letting out a really cute giggle.

"Looks like he likes you." Louren said behind me and I smiled.

"Well I like you too little guy." I said to him as I softly pinched his cheek.

"I bet you'll grow up to be just like your daddy huh??" I gently started bouncing him on my knees to which he might of liked cause he started giggling making us all laugh at his cuteness.

"You Mommy and Daddy are really lucky to have you." I said before looking at the other ladies in the room.

I didn't miss the fact that Lina's face turned a little bitter at what I said.

"Did I... Say something wrong??" She looked at me and shook her head.

"Oh no Maddison. It's just that..." She sighed. "I'm sorry it's not my story to tell. Lets just say that Lucas's mom did something, and that made us all really upset."

"Anyways, since the table is set why don't you all eat while I feed Lucas his milk."

"Actually, can I feed him?? I'm not really hungry yet so why don't you all eat dinner first." I said to Eleina.

"Okay then. Here's his bottle. Just let him lie down in your arms and he'll probably fall asleep." I nodded and gave Lucas his bottle to which he instantly latched on.

"Your really hungry aren't you??" I giggled at him.

"Oh yeah, just asked out of curiosity but where's Jason??" Louren asked letting out a small tone of disgust at his name.

"Well apparently from what I heard from his beta, they took him to the infirmary cause Jayden knocked him out." I perked up when I heard mom say that. Others don't notice it but she'd always expressed her distaste for Jason a little once in a while. And this was one of those times.

"Serves him right. He probably pissed Jayden off." I totally agreed with Louren and by the looks of the others they did too.

What did I even see in Jason that made me like him once??