Chapter 88

Jayden's POV

Silent...

That's what everyone was.

Shocked...

That's what everyone felt.

Revelations upon revelations were being unmasked today and I didn't know if there was more to come.

"Very perceptive of you, Jayden." The witch's voice was heard as she shook her head before giving out a chuckle.

"I wouldn't expect less from the Dark Wolf, the Goddess's favorite." She sighed out.

"So.."an unsure voice came and she looked at Mason. "You really are.."

"Yes.." she cut him off. "I am."

"Then if that's the case, why are you willing to help us against your own son then??" The Silver Moon beta asked in suspicion.

"Well that, is a story for another time." He didn't look amused by her answer and was about to say something when I cut him off.

"She stays."

"What??Jayden are you crazy?? She's our enemy's mother." Nathan tried to reason.

"She is, and that gives us an advantage. She would know her own son so that gives us the knowledge of how Marcus would really think and by this we would know how to act against him."

"Are you sure this is a good decision son??" I held myself back from snapping at him as I just settle at giving him a glare.

"Two things I want to say to that." I started. "One, don't call me son. We've been through this but it seems you keep forgetting." I said with clenched teeth making him flinch.

"And two, last time you also didn't trust what I said cause for you my warning was irrelevant and what did it result to?? Many wolves dying cause you all weren't prepared for this war."

"She stays and that's that. I'll personally take responsibility if something bad happens because of her." I turned to Elise. "Which there won't be, right??"

She nodded her head at my silent warning. "Good. Now that that's settled, give her a spare room in the packhouse." Nobody objected so I'll take it that they agree.

"And Elise.." she turned to me.

"tomorrow you're going to tell us everything. Every detail you know about Marcus."

Maddison's POV

When I woke up, I slightly panicked when I didn't recognize where I was. But then yesterday's events came to me and I remembered where I was.

As if on cue, a knock came from the door. At first, I was feeling anxious cause it could be Marcus but when the door opened Steven walked in and my anxiousness faded.

"Wakey wakey sunshine. I brought you breakfast since Marcus isn't here."I was a little confused by that.

He must have noticed my confusion "He ordered us not to let you eat unless he okays it but I managed to snag some food for you." He came in with a plate of bread with an apple and a glass of what looked like orange juice.

"Thanks Steven." He placed the plate on my bed and I started eating.

"You said that he wasn't here??" I asked.

"Yeah. He and Carlos went out early. From what I hear, they're planning another attack on a pack." My eyes widened as I put down my breakfast cause of what he said.

"Are you sure??" I silently prayed that he was joking but..

"Yes. They're scouting for weak points in their defences right now so they can plan when and where the attack will take place."