Night Swim Interrogations

The pool was, thankfully, void of any late night swimmers. I couldn't handle some guy ogling at Aria, not tonight. It would take more restraint than I possessed to not start a fight. She walked ahead of me, her excitement tangible, and my heart seemed to release its tension. My shirt fell to just below her ass, and I was quite enjoying the way it swayed, her thighs soft, less muscled than I was used to, but somehow that made them even more tempting. She picked a spot, laying out her towel before turning to me and fidgeting. I tried to ignore her nervousness, tossing off my shirt, watching in satisfaction as her eyes widened.

"You gonna swim with my shirt on?" I jested, and her eyes snapped to mine as she shook her head. It took her a moment and a lot of fumbling, but the fabric was finally off. She hugged herself, but it did little to cover the expanse of her pale skin. The swimsuit she'd chosen was rather skimpy, to say the least, but I remembered her complaints about the lack of selection this late in the season. I averted my eyes, taking a deep breath to prevent a hard on.

Her trembling finger stuck out, pointing at my chest, and my eyes fell back to hers.

"Tattoo?" I surmised, and she nodded, lips pressed thin. I understood the grave look on her face, and I gave a dark smirk in answer. A black raven, wings outstretched, spanned the entire upper region of my chest, the harbinger appearing to just be taking flight, its gnarled claws still gripping a battered skull. The spoils of war, I thought to myself. Those who made themselves my enemies would all turn to dust.

"I told you, I'm not a good man, Aria," I said, voice low yet somehow echoing through the space. Her lips twisted further into a frown. She gave a slight shake of her head. I reached to her chin, giving her jaw a gentle brush with my thumb.

"I've come to terms with who I am, and you should, too," I said. She crossed her arms, eyes still giving me that damn look as her perky breasts pressed together. I grit my teeth.

"You'll understand, when you have to tag along to my jobs sometimes," I said, knowing that was inevitable. I could leave Ms. Watson behind, but to leave Aria to fend for herself was out of the question. I'd made my promise to Claire, and I would keep it. Her eyes widened a bit, and I chuckled.

"You'll be fine, I swear."

She sighed and nodded, eyes darting to the pool. In her distraction, I grinned, lunging forward and pulling her into my grasp. She struggled in my arms, and though no sound escaped, I could tell she was laughing.

Feet feeling the edge, I jumped, holding her close and sucking in a breath before we hit the water. I kicked, swimming us to the surface, met with the spewing of water from her mouth and a deep glare. I released her, allowing her to swim on her own as I pushed my hair from my eyes.

Jerk she mouthed, and I offered a shrug in return. Her eyes were light, happy and carefree. I swam closer, unable to keep my hands from her, especially with her lack of clothing. She was naturally small, her breasts more ample than I'd thought, having always been covered by fucking turtlenecks and a thousand layers. She was always cold, somehow. The bottoms she wore hugged the curve of her ass, leaving little to the imagination, which was fine by me.

She treaded, grinning at me, her smile faltering when she noticed the hungry look in my eyes. A bit of fear seeped into her gaze. I gripped her wrist, towing her until my feet fell flat on the bottom, and I gave a gentle yank, pulling our bodies flush, her silky legs brushing mine as her kicking ceased and I held her up. I reached up, tugging her hair loose, hardening as her flaming waves fell about her face in dark, wet tendrils.

"Will you be honest with me, please?" I asked, hand splayed across her lower back and pinning her to me. She chewed her lip, but nodded, eyes flicking between mine.