Birthday Presents

October 31st

Aria

"Oooh, girl. Damn. Damn I am good," Seb said, finishing the final touches on my hair and make up. I peered in the mirror, eyes widening in shock but also pleasure. A steady blush crept into my cheeks, and I felt hot despite how cold Maks' birthday had dawned. I tried to hide my smile at the thought of him, twisting my hands together before signing.

Will he like it?

My eyes found Seb's deep chocolate ones, and he pursed his lips, hands on his hips.

"Girl, he'd be blind and stupid if he didn't," he said, waving his hand as I laughed.

Ok, ok, help me get this thing on, I signed, motioning to my floor length, slim fitting ebony gown. After that night in the hospital...after everything had happened, he'd all but forced me to go shopping with Niko and Serg to pick out an outfit for the grand opening. He'd said he wanted to move forward and show me what a real relationship would be like with him.

Once I'd had his brothers alone, they'd helped me procure his birthday gift. My stomach flopped and flipped and cinched at the thought of what I'd set my mind to. I'd even had thorough conversations with Claire about my decision to move our relationship to the next level.

I worried it was too fast, but his brothers had assured me he would want nothing else. My phone dinged, Nick's contact popping up. Seb was distracted glossing his lips and fluffing his amazing, bouncy hair. I stood, wearing a thin silk robe, shivering as my feet met the cool tile, before I padded over to my hanging dress.

Gift on standby, it said, with a photo attached. I bit my lip, grinning at the black german shepherd puppy, his ears so big they flopped down. Maks had apparently wanted a dog for years but would always find a reason not to get one. I hoped he wouldn't be too mad at me. I'd already practiced my wide-eyed look in the mirror a thousand times.

The door to the bathroom slid open, his tattooed hand curling around the wood. I shoved my phone in my pocket, panicking.

"Out! Out! The princess is not ready for her prince yet!" Seb said, rushing to the door.

"You've been in there all fucking afternnon!" he growled, but obeyed. I grinned, wondering how he'd react to such a racy dress. We'd both healed well, considering the injuries. Every night I all but forced him to sit still while I cleaned his wound, his arms crossed and sour. It inevitably turned into him on top of me, kissing me in all the right, forbidden places, but he'd been rather restrained, I could tell. I knew he wanted more, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't, too. I just got so wrapped up in the whole Brad thing every time that I told him not yet. He would smile and nod and hold me and reassure me, but it didn't stop the guilt I felt for not sharing that part of myself with him yet.

I clearly trusted him with my entire life—he'd proved he could stand by his word through any circumstance. And I was desperately attracted to him, butterflies flowing into my veins every time he smirked at me, every time he beckoned me to follow him into the shower. He was control, power, where I was weak, messy. I supposed it complemented me well.

"If you bite your lip one more time and ruin my masterpiece I will take Maks to this opening myself," Seb said, fluttering past me to unzip the bag my gown was in. I rolled my eyes, shimmying out of my robe, unperturbed to be seen by Seb. He wasn't exactly attracted to my body. He held the gown open and I stepped in, pushing my arms through the rolled straps as he went to my side to zip it. I refused to look in the mirror as I ran my hands over the glittery, shimmering cloth, my heart racing.