The Favorite Flavor

"So... how do we get him down?" Blue asked nervously, hiding behind Lust. Lust seemed just as uncertain. Blue was trying to fit Dream for parts, but Dream didn't seem to like it. He was using his tentacles to hang upside down from the Gadget Tent's ceiling. He growled at them, the goop bristling.

Lust didn't seem to know what to do either. Killer had left to go get something. "Dream? Can you please come down?" Lust called up. Dream twitched and tipped his head at them. Lust turned to Blue. "Just keep working on the arm. I'll keep him occupied."

Blue nodded. He turned back to the crude outline of a metal arm he'd formed on the table. He was using his magic to crush the scrap metal and shape it how he wanted it. He hummed. He would have to weld everything together. He pulled on his goggles and began to do so, being careful to not mess anything up. Blue was very serious about his craft.

He briefly thought about having Ink paint it so it would match Dream's other arm. He jumped as he heard a thump and a yelp. He turned to see Dream curled around Lust in a hug. It seemed he'd knocked the other down, trembling. His tentacles were curled tightly around him. Blue blinked. He assumed Dream had jumped from the ceiling. "Are you both okay?? No injuries??" He could heal ones that wouldn't leave scars.

Lust gave a weak smile and said they were both fine. Dream twitched and flopped onto his side on the ground. He traced the dirt with one shaking finger. Lust watched him with sad eyes. He seemed dismayed and Blue couldn't help but feel there was something about this that he was missing. He decided it was better not to ask.

——————————

Lust was pained to see Dream like this. The once strong and kind Ringmaster had been reduced to this twitching, animalistic mess of a monster. He couldn't even begin to imagine how Killer felt about seeing him like this.

He heard footsteps from outside the tent and nearly had a heart attack. He relaxed as Killer came in, holding what appeared to be a paper bowl of golden berries. Lust blinked. "Did you get those from the Concessions Tent?" He asked, tipping his head. Killer nodded.

"Wrote it on the clipboard before we got our next delivery from Farm." Killer said, grinning. There was a clipboard in the Concessions Tent that had a list of everything needed in the next food delivery. Things could be added to it (within reason) and Nightmare would buy it. Practically the only thing everyone liked that he did.

Dream lifted his head as Killer called his name quietly. He blinked and twitched, moving over to Killer. Killer knelt down and Dream's tentacles wrapped around him as he attached himself to Killer's side. Killer picked up one of the berries and held it to Dream's teeth.

The deranged ringmaster opened his mouth eagerly and snatched it from Killer, chewing quietly. He licked his teeth and opened his mouth, seeming to want another. Killer held up the bowl. "Pick it up with your hand. I don't want to treat ya like a fuckin' animal." He said. Dream blinked, his tentacles twitching as he seemed surprised.

He refocused on the bowl and furrowed his brow. He tipped his head to the side before hesitantly reaching up with his single arm. His fingers curled awkwardly, like he still wasn't exactly sure how to use them. He managed to pick a berry up and get it to his mouth, where he ate it quietly. Killer placed the bowl between them, eating one himself.

Lust sighed, sitting across from them. Dream kept himself tucked into Killer's side, shakily managing to pick up and eat the berries. He seemed to brighten a little, seeming happy that he was able to feed himself again. Killer glanced at him and his eyelights slowly reappeared. He gave a quiet sigh as his target SOUL twisted back into an inverted heart. Lust hadn't seen Killer this happy in ages.