Chapter 16 - Night Club in the Hamptons

They sat there awkwardly for a minute, sipping their wine until Dean finally broke the silence, asking, "Why don't we go out? It's Labor Day weekend and we're in the Hamptons. We should go to a club or something."

"I didn't bring anything to wear to a club. You didn't exactly give me much time to pack," Berkley laughed, looking down at the pair of fleece pajama shorts and lacy tank top with fuzzy slippers she was wearing.

He laughed too. "You and I both know you wouldn't have packed a dress for a club even if I had," he said, shooting her a smile.

Damn. That flirty smile of his was doing things to her now. She had always been immune to it before, but it was like her eyes had been opened and she was just now realizing how hot it was for the first time. It made her cheeks flush slightly as she tucked her hair behind her ear and looked down.

"That's true," she said quietly, letting out an exhale. "You know me too well."

"I'll just text my aunt and see if she cares if you wear one of the dresses from her closet," Dean said, getting out his phone.

She noticed his hands were a little shaky and unsteady. She felt the same way. She had always felt so comfortable around him her entire life, but now all of a sudden she felt awkward and nervous. It was like her eyes had been opened to how hot he really was and now she couldn't unsee it. Just looking at him made the spot between her legs throb and she squeezed her thighs together tightly, trying to stop it.

"Aunt Margie said it's fine. You can wear one of her dresses. She said to just hang it up in the bathroom when you're done so she can send it out for dry cleaning."

"Ok," she nodded, getting up and walking towards his Aunt's bedroom, feeling grateful for the distraction.

She walked into Margie's huge walk-in closet that looked like something straight out of a magazine, with rows of glittery, sequins dresses from high-end designers and lit-up shelves full of expensive high heels. Picking something from there would've been a girly-girl's dream come true, but unfortunately she wasn't one so it just felt overwhelming. There were way too many choices. She perused through the dresses, seeing some that looked like they were meant for work events that were way too fancy and formal for a club, and the ones for a night out were all too short, low-cut and sexy. Dean's Aunt Margie was a smoke show and she wasn't afraid to flaunt it.

She ended up going with the most modest of the sexy dresses she could find, a little black spaghetti strap asymmetrical dress that was tight and low cut enough that she was in real danger of her boobs popping out. The slit up the side was high enough that she was going to flash her underwear getting in and out of the car, but it was her best option.

After taking that dress upstairs and getting ready, she came back downstairs where she found Dean in the kitchen, wearing a pair of nice dark jeans and a crisp white button-up dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, shiny dress shoes and a large silver watch. He looked effortlessly hot and sophisticated as always.

Normally his hotness didn't affect her, but now her face flushed at the sight of him, involuntarily remembering how perfect his chiseled, naked body looked under those clothes. He was sitting at the bar typing away on his phone until he finally looked up and his eyebrows raised and his eyes widened when he saw her. Seeing the way his gaze traced slowly up her body made her insides flutter.

He swallowed hard and cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck before standing up and shoving his phone in his pocket, grabbing his suit jacket off the back of his chair.

"You ready?" he asked. "Our Uber's outside."

They always took an uber when they were going out somewhere and planned to drink.