Chapter 34 - Epilogue

***** Epilogue *****

After getting married, Berkley and Dean both went to work for their Dads' fishing boat company and it was no surprise to anyone that Dean ended up being a really good businessman. He was smart like his Dad and had the charisma and confidence to close a lot of deals, like his Mom. Berkley didn't help with sales, but focused instead on boat design and product testing, coming up with some safety features no other boat companies offered.

Eventually, Keagan and Hallie moved back to Boston and went to work there too, both in the marketing department. They came up with some really creative, funny commercials that went viral and orders for the boats started coming in faster than they could make them.

It truly was a family business and they all got along and worked together really well, which was surprising. Over the years, it turned into a huge thriving company that supplied fishing boats and fish products to most of the east coast.

Berkley and Dean made enough money to buy a big house in Boston right on the beach, close to both of their families. It had its own boat dock, so they had access to take their sailboats out on the ocean whenever they wanted. They taught their kids to love sailing as much as they had growing up, but to also have a healthy fear and respect for the ocean. That was something Berkley wished she would've had sooner.

They ended up having four children, three little boys and a little girl; James, Cooper, Ryker and Landry. All four of them looked just like Dean, with dark hair, dark blue eyes, and smooth, clear skin that tanned easily in the summer. Berkley wasn't even mad that their kids didn't look like her, because seeing those little miniature versions of Dean made her heart melt and she fell in love with him even more, which she didn't think was possible.

Even though she hadn't seen him around kids very much growing up, she had always known he was going to be a good Dad one day because he had always been so good at taking care of her.

He played sports with their kids, taught them how to fish, helped with their homework and read them stories at bedtime. Their sons looked and acted a lot like Dean had at their age. They were confident, athletic, independent, curious, smart and didn't seem to be afraid of anything. They were also caring and very protective of their little sister, always watching out for her, just like Keagan and Dean had done with Berkley growing up.

Berkley had fully expected their daughter Landry to be a tomboy, since she had three older brothers that she looked up to, but she actually ended up being the exact opposite. She loved anything that had to do with pink, glitter and princesses and her favorite books were Fancy Nancy.

When she got older, she wanted to do ballet and cheer and was obsessed with fashion. Wearing cute little dresses that twirled when she spun around was her favorite thing in the world. Berkley couldn't help but smile when she thought about how much her Mom would've loved that. She was probably watching down, having a laugh about Berkley having a daughter like that.

Their kids loved Ember and nicknamed her Auntie Ember. Berkley and Dean decided to make her their kids' Godmother since she loved them as if they were her own. Plus, she was the reason why they existed in the first place, since she was the one that finally got Berkley and Dean together after all those years.

After graduating from Boston University, Ember hadn't wanted to move back home to Georgia so she bought a house in Boston instead, not too far from where Berkley and Dean lived. She became a real estate agent, and even though she was really busy, she still found the time to eat lunch with Berkley a couple times a week and sometimes dragged her out of the house on the weekends for a girl's night out.

She never did settle down, get married or have any kids of her own. She got engaged a couple of times, but in the end decided she enjoyed the single life and having her freedom too much. Being a wife and a mother wasn't for her, and her parents gave her a really hard time about that, but Berkley and Dean never did.