9

'Why does everyone hate werewolves?', Raven asked at the end of the day.
They had bought a few dresses for Raven and had stocked up on the potion ingredients for Loona. After that, Loona and Varitan went searching in the shop for books with the basics of potions, spells and herbology.

'Because people are awful...', Loona said simply. Varitan snickered as he placed a few books on the register. 'No, there is more to that.', she said leaning on the register. 'We have several creatures in this world. Werewolves, vampires, fairies, elves and witches. For some stupid reason, the witches have decided a long time ago that they are above the others. We have given ourselves the right to give the non-witches a place underneath us, just because we are better. I think it's bullshit. They are basically abusing all the others, just because we're better. Ugh.', She looked at Varitan who was laughing softly at her. 'What are you laughing at?'

'Nothing.', he chuckled, shaking his head. 'You're just so cute when you're mad.'
Loona grabbed a book and hit Varitan on his head.

'Do you want to see how cute I can be?!', she shouted, a smile curling on her lips.
Varitan danced out of her reach as she tried to hit him again.

'I think I'll live.', he snickered, walking to the door and flipping the sign on closed.
Loona shook her head and looked at the title of the book she was holding.

'This might be interesting.', she said as she read the title. She handed the book over to Raven. 'This is about all the creatures and the history between everything. It's good to know the powers of the others, so that if you ever offend them, you know what you should do.', Loona joked. She glared at Varitan who was chuckling once again. 'I'm going to help Skye with dinner.', she announced.
She turned around and then walked up the stairs. Raven looked at the title of the book. "A guidance to the history of our world" it said. She opened the book and started to flip through the pages until she had skipped the introduction and came to the real information.

"At the beginning of the fifteen hundred, the witches finally started to realize that they might be above all the others. It accrued to them that their magic had much more effect on their surroundings then the magic of the elves or the fairies. Those only had magic for the nature around them, and the witches were able to use their magic for everything. They were able to use it for healing, conjuring, fighting for instance. When they started to order the elves and fairies around, the elves started to resist first. They told the witches that they were no slaves and that they had their own rights and values. The witches who were the leaders at that moment, could not give the elves the rights they wanted. So, they detached their civilization from the witches and started their own kingdoms. To this very day, there is just one big kingdom of elves, but deep hidden in our world. The fairies detached themselves from the witches in secret and the witches only realized it fifty years after they did so. The werewolves and vampires – who had never been on right terms with the witches – started a fight when they got placed underneath the witches. After ten months of fighting, they decided that they had to accept it, since the witches were much stronger than the vampires or werewolves because of their powers. That was the moment that the witches started to sentence the other creatures for their crimes."

Raven flipped a page and arrived at the part about their powers.

"Vampires are known for their lust of blood, but also for their super speed and strength. They have heightened senses; they have a great healing factor – they heal much faster than all the other creatures in our world - and there are sayings that they tend to have "ethereal beauty". Vampires cannot survive in the sun unless they are wearing a sun protected ring. They're able to change humans into vampires. If you die in the twenty-four-hour span of which you got bitten, you will change into one. The just turned vampires are known to be very aggressive and that they're not able to contain their bloodlust.
Vampires live in clans. The eldest and strongest vampire is the leader of a clan. When a vampire goes wild, it's the responsibility of the clan leader to take the blame, or to defend the vampire in question.