10

Raven had thought that Loona and Varitan would tell her face to face that she had to fight Magnus. But she was wrong, however. Both Varitan as Loona kept quiet about it, confirming the fact that they hadn't heard her eavesdropping. She wondered why they hadn't told her yet but decided not to ask about it – she didn't want to admit that she had been listening to their conversation.

The very next day after that conversation, Varitan started to teach her how to use magic. He started with explaining the basics – with the help of a book, obviously – and showed her a few easy spells, like levitating, carrying light in your hand and finding the right direction with the help of just a stick. Raven had watched as he placed a small stick on the palm of his hand and let it rest there for a moment. Golden smoke started to erupt from his hand, and then the stick was turning rapidly – stopping when it was pointing to north.

The first time when Raven managed to lift up a book, Varitan and Skye were cheering for her. When Loona came home from work, Raven excitedly showed her what she had managed to do. Loona had grabbed a few larger and heavier objects for Raven to levitate as well, and to everyone's – even Raven's – surprise she managed to levitate them all without any hardships. She even managed to levitate at the dinner table.

A week after she knew the basic spells, Varitan started with fighting.

'It's important not to lose your head- both figuratively and literally. You need to keep calm, even though it's hard. If you ahead and just slash around without control, you'll get overpowered easily.'

To Raven's surprise, Varitan had a lot of weapons in his house. Swords, axes, daggers, and even a bow and arrow. Raven had gotten her own set. Loona had discovered that the bag she had gotten from Alec, which laid in the corner of her room forgotten, contained much more then she had thought, including a bow and arrow. Loona had explained that there laid a spell over the bag so it could have infinite room. So, Raven had a bow and arrow her size. Now she had to learn how to handle it.

When Raven saw Loona and Varitan together, they were usually calm. Just being like every other couple, they were helping each other out, normally talking. But when they thought Raven was asleep, they had arguments.

'Raven is our first priority!', she had heard Loona shout. 'Alec is-'

'How can you pick Raven so easily?!', Varitan interrupted her. 'He's like my brother! He's your best friend. And you pick Raven?! What is wrong with you?'

'What's wrong with me? I'm only trying to make sure the world won't get taken over by the dark. If Raven dies, we're lost.'

'I don't want to hurt Alec!'

'I'm not saying you have to- but when he tries to kill Raven-'

'It's all Raven for you!', Varitan had said. 'Raven this, Raven first, Raven that, Raven, Raven, Raven, Raven. No! Alec, Loona! Alec. He should be our first priority! We should find a cure so they can be fine, and they won't get to the dark side. I don't understand how you can be so stupid! You're being...- What are you doing?', Varitan's voice faded away softly.

'I'm going out.', Loona's voice sounded. Raven heard fluttering of a cape.

'But... It's midnight.', Varitan mumbled. 'It's dangerous to be out.'

'I need to cool down. I don't want us to have an actual fight. I'm going to say things I don't want to. When I come back, we are going to have a talk. Without shouting and being angry, yes?',

'... I'm sorry.'

'I'm sorry too.', Then she had walked down the stairs. The next day, Varitan was hugging Loona almost the entire day. She could barely walk without having him on her back.