11. Game Day

You were so anxious and nervous that you could barely sleep. More accurately, you didn't sleep at all. You just stayed up, staring at the ceiling trying to memorize hand signals and game plans over, and over again. Despite all of the practicing you've done for what seemed to be infinite consecutive days, you still felt like you weren't ready. But would you really ever be? While you still could, you tried to close your eyes and maybe get some sleep before the game.

*ding ding*

But it was pointless as you turned your alarm clock off. You felt like Hinata in his first tournament.

AHH

You slapped your cheeks a couple times.

Get a hold of yourself!! I can do this... I've prepared for this day as much as I could! Relax... You can do this...

You thought a mental pep talk would help; it did a little. You packed your duffle and got dressed. Just when you were about to leave, you heard a knock on the door. You went over and tried to open it, but as soon as you cracked it open, your guest opened the door all the way and walked in.

"Hey!" When you realized who it was, you were confused, "Kei? What are you doing here?

"Are you ready?" was all he said.

"Huh? O-of course I am!" You said, trying to look mighty and proud, putting your fists on your hips.

"Are you nervous?"

You deflated immediately, "O-of course I am..."

"Figured."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Here" He held out an object. You took it and unwrapped it.

It was a bento filled with breakfast foods. You were touched and looked up at him.

"D-don't get the wrong idea! I didn't do it, my mom made it and forced me to give it to you. He rubbed the back of his head and shied away, "You said before you don't eat breakfast... You should eat so you can have energy for the game..."

"Awww Thanks, Keiiii!!!" You gave him a big hug, knowing better that it was he who set it all up, not his mother. He hugged you back, and told you to eat.

"So are you all right now?" He asked.

"Mhm! This really cheered me up, thank you!" Is what you said, but you didn't look convincing. It was as if something was still on your mind, bothering you. And there was. Regardless of how today ended, you would have to leave Karasuno.

After you ate, you both met up with the rest of the team to get on the bus and arrived at the biggest game of your life. Hinata threw up a couple times on the way there, but he regained his cool. If he could, so could you!

The team gathered up in a huge circle and Daichi gave a speech. "All right guys, this is what we've worked so hard for. We have the best team with the best players. Our opponent is good, but we're better! KARASUNO, FIGHT!"

"OSU!"

You dispersed and started with warm ups. Warm ups went smoothly. Your spikes and receives were as grand as ever, and you grew confident in the upcoming match.

The game was about to start, so everyone got ready for formalities and greeted the other team. After an exchange of "let's have a clean match" was wished, you dispersed into your rotation for that line up. Your opponent was first to serve. The ball was coming straight at you, so, with your confidence from warm ups, you were certain you could take the first receive well.

Oh how you were wrong.

You seemed to have underestimated your opponent's power and the ball smacked the side of your arm, ricocheting it to outside of the court lines. First point to the other school.