Sunday funday

After last nights events, I laid wrapped around him, it felt amazing waking up next to him.
Ring ring
He leaned over and answered my phone
"Hello"
"Where's eve" Chris voiced came through the speaker, I grabbed the phone
"Hey sweetie"
"Can I still come over"
I looked at Henry and he smiled and got up from bed
"Yeah that's fine"
"Is mer there, Derek wants to see her ( I heard Derek telling him to shut up)"
"Tell Derek she's here, but she's gonna go out later."
"Ok I'll be there by 11am" and he hung up on me
"So I have to share you with Chris"
"Sorry, I told Derek to bring him by earlier this week"
"That's fine, just one thing"
"Ok"
"You can't marry him" I grabbed my pillow and threw it at him
We didn't have sex last night, we just laid down and cuddled.
By the time Chris and Derek came by I was making spaghetti for lunch.
"Evelyn" Chris yelled once Henry opened the door. He ran towards me and almost knocked me off my feet. 
"Oh my, look at you, your as tall as your brother, and your super cute" he blushed and hugged me again
He turned and looked at Henry
"I'm gonna marry her, you can't come" he wasn't joking, but Henry just smiled
"Sure thing Chris" which caused Chris to laugh and hug me again.
"I made spaghetti" in which he started to jump up and down laughing. God I missed this kid.
"Hey I want spaghetti" mer said while grabbing some coffee from the counter.
"I remember you, your mer"
"Marilyn, but you can call me mer, so are you gonna share your spaghetti"
"Do you work with eve"
"Yes sir I do"
"Are you a doctor"
"Yep"
"What kind of doctor"
"I'm a surgeon"
"Oh, are you the boss"
"Nope, she is" and she passed me a cup of coffee.
"Wow, I work at a cafe, but only for 4hrs" he sounds sad
"Why sweetie"
"Too many people, but I bake the cookies and I make the doughnuts"
"Yummy, how about you tell us where you work and we can stop by for coffee"
"Yah"
"Yah, why not" and this made him happy.

"Where are you going today" Derek asked her
"Am going to the VA and then I'm going to see my grandmother"
"Is she ok"
"Oh yeah, she just wants me to double her allowance"
"She can't do that mer, I told you to talk to Richard about it" eve told her, but she just rolled her eyes.
"Look all I want is to get her off my ass about a lot of shit"
"What shit"
"She wants me to get married" which Derek almost chocked on his coffee and so did henry.
"See now you know how I feel, look I'll be fine, it's not like she's gonna live forever"
"With medicine changing all the time, you never know"
"Then I'll kill her myself" her and eve just laughed, Henry and myself felt uncomfortable. These two can hurt us and make it look like an accident.
"Anyways enjoy your Sunday, (she kissed eve and Chris) be good you two" and walked out the apt leaving me with 3 men.
"Umm eve, you really need to buy furniture" Derek tells me, I just roll my eyes because I know I need to.
"Are you gonna help me, are you gonna set everything down, are you because if you are we can go now"
"I like shopping" Chris told me
But I waited for either of them to tell me
"That's what I thought, look am tired and this couch is amazing and comfy and it's all a need."
"Nope, Chris wanna go shopping" Henry asks him and he nods.
"Let's go" now they've ganged up on me, evil little shits
"Fine, but I won't be paying FYI" and I walked into my room to get my purse.
"Your her boyfriend, you pay for it"
"Fuck it, you can enjoy everything later since she won't be here much longer"

I took a look at both of them, as handsome as both were I only had eyes for Henry, I internally laughed, I might be crazy.
We walked into this upscale furniture store, and we were greeted by a familiar voice.
"Well we'll isn't miss Avery, it's still Avery right" astoria stood tall and proud, after so long she still hasn't changed one bit.
"It's still green right"
"No, I'm a married woman" flashing her ring
"Congratulations to you and my sympathy to your husband" I told her while I walked right pass her. I heard her gasp when she saw both Derek and Henry walking into the store
"Hello welcome, just letting you know I'm more than capable of helping you in anyway you might need" she really is trying, even though she's married.
"Um am with my brother" Derek pointed at Chris
"And I'm with her" Henry pointed at me, her smiled fated off her face and walked away. We met a nice girl who helps us with everything, I think I got everything we might needed. I now have a table, a new couch and side tables and lamps. I was excited.
I took pictures and send them to mer and she loved it.
"Ms Avery would you be paying cash or credit" the sales girl asked me
"Here charge it" henry told her, astoria came out of nowhere
"Why should you be paying for her stuff, I mean she's not your girlfriend or wife"
"But she is my girlfriend, I'm working on the wife part"
"She left you, she tore your heart, she played you"
"She didn't leave me, and I did more shit to her, and she's still here, what's your point astoria"
"Just leave it, she's just bitter" I told him, while the girl came back with his card.
"Delivery will be tomorrow morning, would that be all"
"Yes, thank you" as I was taking out my phone to let mer know about the delivery my pager went off.
"Shit, hold on"
I called and damn it I needed to leave.
"What time tomorrow"
"At 9am"
Henry looked at me
"What's wrong"
"I have to go, I won't be at the apt"
"I can stay"
"You sure, I don't know what time I'll be home"
"It's fine, I have a meeting at 11 so we're good"
"Ok, he can give you the details but I have to go"
I turned and kissed him, walked to Chris to tell him the bad news
"Avery" I stopped and looked at him
"Harrington"
"Love you" my heart sorer with glee
"Love you too" and I walked away.

By the time I reached the hospital, I found out it was a mass casualties. I got to work and bumped into mer
"Yay for Sunday"
"But thank yoda, I couldn't handle her anymore"
"Ok let's get to work"

By 3am, I was dead tired, I found an empty bed and I crashed. My whole body ached, all I wanted was to be laying next to him. By 8am my pager woke me again, and I ran towards the ER.
I was not expecting to see Chris on the gurney.
"What happen"
"He walked into the street and a car hit him"
"Does he's family know"
"No, he didn't have any ID on him"
"Bubbles, grab my phone and dial Derek hart, it's his brother"
My hands were shaking, he had multiple fractures, he had a dislocated hip, and none responsive pupils.
"Page neuro 911" I yelled out
"What happen eve" I saw mer looking at me and when she saw Chris, her eyes watered.
"What can I do"
"I need to get him into surgery, have OR 2 fully stocked, and blood available" she ran away.
"What do you have" Camila yelled out
"25yr male, vitals are dropping, multiple fractures, none responsive pupil, and he's autistic"
"Here let me look" she checked him, looked at me
"OR ready"
"Yeah"
"Good, let's prep him for a craniotomy" They took him up leaving me behind, I can do this I can do this, I kept repeating it to myself.
"Bubbles, Derek hart did you call him"
"Yes, he's on his way"
"Ok, don't tell them anything, once their here come find me" she nodded her head and I ran upstairs, where mer and cam were prepping.
"Ok ladies, lets save this kid"

6 hours later, my whole body ached, but I was glad we're able to save him.
While cam worked on his brain, mer and I worked on everything else. He was in the icu but he was stable.
We walked toward the lobby, I saw Derek with his mom and dad.
"Hello"
"Evelyn how is my son" mrs Hart threw herself at me
"Mrs hart, your son is fine, his in the icu" she kept on crying, mer took her to get some water, while cam and I explained into more details to Derek and his father.
"You can go see him in a few hours, he's still very weak, but for now he's ok"
"Thank you Evelyn" Derek hugged me and walked toward his mother and mer.
Once he was in the clear I went home,  once I got there I noticed fresh flowers and everything seemed cleaned and organized, the new furniture along with a giant ass tv stood in my once empty living room.
Me: I'm home, I'll talk to you later
Henry: come to bed
When I walked into my room he was sitting down, reading some files and taking notes.
"Your here"
"I was waiting for you, did you like your surprise"
"The tv"
"Yeah and the flowers"
"I loved them, thank you" I took off my uniform shirt, and I saw him looking at me
"What"
"You never stop to amaze me"
"I'm exhausted, it doesn't make sense right now"
He got up and kissed my shoulders down to my collar bone
"Your tattoos are amazing"
"Oh shit i forgot, sorry"
"It's fine, their beautiful eve"
"Mmmm as much as I want you, am beyond tired"
"Tell me what happen"
"Chris got hit by a car"
"Is he ok"
"He's not out of the woods, he's gonna have a long recovery time"
"Am sorry Eve"
I laid my head on his chest, I felt his heartbeat.
"Take me to bed, I'm tired" he swooped me up, helped me take off my shoes and my pants, and gave me a shirt to sleep in.
I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat

Is this what I can come home too, to my love  waiting for me and him wanting to know how was my day, or him helping
Me out of my scrubs, because I kinda like it.
But for now I sleep