The wedding

I spend one week bored out of my mind, I went to the gym, shopping, I even help Jess with all the wedding preparations. And I was still bored, oh how I miss my job.
Friday night was the rehearsal dinner, I wasn't looking forward knowing damn well he was gonna be there.
My hand shook at the thought of him, I looked at my hand and saw the swelling had gone down.
"Put some ice on that damn hand" I remembered one of the directors yell at me. My million dollar hands, I don't mind breaking it as long as I break his face.
I fixed my dress, it was a red off the shoulder sparkly dress, Jess picked it up. I felt uncomfortable but I haven't worn a dress in years, as for my feet my nude pumps made me feel tall.
"You ready"
"Yeah just let me grab my purse"
"Damn it eve"
"What"
"You look hot" I smiled at her, instead of throwing something at her.
We drove to the restaurant, the back was laced with Pink and white roses, I hated them because I fought just to get the right shade of pink. I don't know how Jess does it, I hated it.
We greeted everyone
"Hi mija" I saw my mom standing next to a man I've never seen before, but when he turned around I found out it was hunt.
"Are you trying to recruit my mom" he smiled at me and he wrapped his arms around my mom, making her blush.
"No, but I would like to talk to you and your brother when you guys have a chance"
"You have great taste hunt"
"Thank you captain" I punched his arm but I gave them a hug.
"I'm happy for you mama, let me go say hi to everyone else" I left them standing just looking like love birds
"How's my favorite patient"
"Evelyn, my dear, I can't wait to go back to work" Richard Made a face, I understood him too well. Beatrice stood up and showed me her belly, she looked great.
"Aww look at the belly, do you know the sex of the baby or you want a surprise"
"No we couldn't wait, but we're having a girl" her smiled reached her eyes, I was happy for them.
I smelled him, he was behind me, my hair in the back of the neck stood up.
"Evelyn, how's your hand by the way" Richard asked loud enough for him to hear, I also heard him grunt.
"My million dollar hand is fine, it's healing just fine. I'll see you guys later, I need to find Steph" I kissed both and walked away, I felt him staring at me with those grey eyes of his.
"Eve" I saw Steph sitting down and she didn't look so good
"What's wrong, where does it hurt" I started to check her blood pressure
"I felt a flutter, and now I'm scared, I had sex, what if I hurt him or her" she started to cry, I hugged her head and rubbed it
"Oh sweetheart, do you want me to tell you what's the flutter"
"Yes, am freaking out eve"
"That was your baby moving, maybe kicking" her whole face changed to pure bliss
"You mean I didn't hurt it"
"No sweetie, you guys didn't" she flung herself at me crying into my dress.
"It's ok, your fine, come let's eat, you need to feed that baby" she chuckled
We all sat down for dinner, I was uncomfortable since he decided to sit across from me.
"So eve, what are your plans"
"I'm not sure yet, I was thinking maybe going back to Switzerland" everyone seemed to stop talking and just look at me
"What"
All I got were a bunch of nothings, and they went back to eating and talking.
"Steph have you seen a doctor yet"
"Yes I met this wonderful doctor name Martello, I liked her but mr grumpy here said she was too cheerful"
"We can't be all moody, if we are we can't do our jobs"
"What do you mean"
"Well just look at bubbles, she's the head RN and she's always bubbly; doesn't get stressed, if she was well we won't be able to get through the day"
"That sounds about right"
"Positive attitude positive actions"
"Amen" and we all lifted our glass
Beep beep beep beep
I saw mer look at me and the we both pulled out our work phones
Ring ring
My phone rang, and it was the hospital
"Avery"
"We need you to come in, we need all hands, and I need yours, your official off suspension, and you still get the next 2 days off, but you need to come in"
"I'm my way"
Mer and I stood up at the same time
"I'm sorry, we'll be there at the church bright and early, but right now duty calls"
We said our good byes
"Mami I'll call you once am done"
"Be safe eve"
"I will, love you" and we took off
"You are aware we're gonna be wearing these dresses for the next couple of hrs right"
"My shoes are gonna kill me"
"Do you know what happened"
"From what bubbles tells me, car pileup"
"Just great"
I parked and we tried to run but these heels weren't able to keep up.
"Get me shoes" I yelled out
"Oh thank goodness, I have both your scrubs and shoes ready for you"
"Thank you bubbles"