dating, ugh NO

As I was walking towards Potter, I started to feel uncomfortable, I mean I know him and for a minute I liked him, but the arrogance around him remind me too much of him. But I needed to met him, so he can finally leave me alone, he's been texting me since I landed. Of course it didn't help that he saw me in the terminal and he knew that I wasn't just visiting.
"Good afternoon, I'm here to met someone, Potter I believe" she looked down at her guest list and smiled at me
"This way please" and guided me to the table
"Eve, great to see you" he got up and helped me sit down. I looked around this damn expensive restaurant. I haven't been in an actual restaurant in years.
"Would you like a glass of champagne" the waiter asked me
"No, just water please" he bowed and walked away
"I can afford a glass of champagne Eve"
"I know but I have to work in a few hours"
"Aw yes, my little Eve is an amazing nurse" I just rolled my eyes, I've told him what I do but he's manly brain wouldn't understand.
"So, What's up" yes I started my conversation as a juvenile.
"We've known each for a while now and I think since your home, it's time we started to date exclusively" we've know each other for a year, and we've bumped into each other a handful of other times.
"Would you like to order"
"She would have to Cesar salad with the grill chicken" did he just order for me, yes he fucken did.
"Ugh no, I'll have to chicken Alfredo with the garlic bread, thank you" he smiled and walked away. While Potter just looked at me
"Don't order for me, I hate salads"
"Am only trying to help you, look Eve as a personal trainer I know what's best for my clients"
"But am not your client, am here because you said you wanted to talk to me"
"I asked you a question and you've been avoiding it" he was right I was, I just didn't see myself with him
"Look...." i started to say but I was interrupted
"Evelyn" I looked up and saw Maurice, I stood up and hugged him
"Maurice, did you get taller"
"Naw you got shorter" I couldn't but to laugh.
"Who's this Evelyn" Potter asked me in a condescending tone
"Oh sorry, Potter this is my cousin Maurice Avery, Maurice this is Potter" he stood up and shook my cousin's hand
"Call me ms Avery we need to talk, I'll see you later, it was nice meeting you" he left leaving me with an annoyed looking Potter.
"So he's your cousin"
"Yeah, I haven't seen him a while"
"Why didn't I know about this cousin"
"Well we haven't really talked about our families have we?"
The waiter came with our food and I kinda ignored him. He kept on talking about money, stocks and bonds, according to him he's opening a gym, the list kept going.
20 mins later once I was done with my coffee, the waiter came back with the check.
"I'll be back in a few"
"No, here I'll pay" he made sure I saw the American Express card, I mean I have two in my wallet just sitting down looking pretty.
"So, what do you say eve, would you love to be my girlfriend, and see where this might go"
"Look Potter..." I started to say but the waiter was at our table along with someone that looked like the manager.
"We apologize, but it seems like your card has been decline, would you have another form of payment" with these words Potter seemed to pale
"Run it again" he all but yelled
"We did sir, 3 times" he just stood there with a phone in his hands.
"Here, use mines" I handed him my card, the manager just looked at the card and smiled and walked away
"How did you get a black card"
I just smiled at him, but he looked annoyed I didn't share as to why I had one.
The manager came back with someone else this time.
"Good afternoon, my name is David I'm the owner, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and my condolences ms Avery, it's been years but your grandmother was an esteemed patron. My father got the chance to meet and argue with her at one point" he smiled at me. He was cute, he was tall and lean with dark brown eyes and his hair was combed back.
"Thank you, and arguing was her favorite pastime"
"Welcome back ms Avery, hope to see you soon" and he walked away before winking at me. Potter saw this and didn't like this one bit.
"Here's you card mr Potter, and ms Avery if you sign the receipt" which I just signed and gave him a cash tip. He thanked me and walked away.
"When I asked for lunch, I wasn't meaning to have you pay eve"
"Well next time pick a place you can afford" I got up and picked up my purse.
"I gotta go, thank you for lunch"
"Eve, you haven't answered my question"
"The answer is no Potter, I don't wanna date right now. My main focus is my job at the moment"
"When's your next deployment"
"I'm not sure"
"Well since you won't date me, think about being a partner with me"
"Excuse me"
"I just explained what I need, were you paying attention"
"Honestly no, my food was that good"
"Look, I just need..."
"I don't handle money, if you want me as a partner you would need to talk to my brother"
He blew hot air and if his ears could blow out steam they would.
"Where can I find this brother"
"Harrington & Avery and associates, I think they've changed the name I'm not sure"
He all but choked on his own spit
"Wait your related to The Alexander Avery"
"My brother, well I gotta go" and I walked away leaving him to connect the dots. Once the fresh air hit my face I felt tons better.
Ring ring ring
"Good afternoon, how can I direct your call"
"Hello, may I speak to Alexander Avery"
"May I ask who's calling"
"Evelyn Marie Avery"
"Hold please" great elevator music
"Well isn't this a good day, I won my case and my sister comes back"
"Hahaha funny, and congratulations on winning" I walked down the path towards my apt.
"So how can I help you today ms Avery"
"I just had a date, don't ask it was horrible, but according to him, I should be his partner for some gym he wants to open. I told him to talk to you" I told him all at once and he laughed, God I missed his loud laugh.
"No worries I'll send him away"
"Thank you, and just fyi I'll be there this Saturday. Are you ready"
"Nope, I've been feeling sick to my stomach ever since I purchased the ring"
"You'll be fine, but if you feel sick I know some great doctors"
"Hahaha it's great having you back eve"
"I'll see you soon, I gotta go change"
"Be safe eve"
"Love you" and hung up and walked into my apt
Straight to my room we're my bed stood still made. It feels weird sleeping on an actual bed, after many nights sleeping on the floor or any hard surfaces, my sleeping area was a big white fluffy carpet. Yeah it's weird but sleeping on my bed made me feel like I was gonna slip into the mattress. I got dressed and walked right back out. I grabbed my headphone and made my walk toward the hospital.