17. a picnic date

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮2

2.13: a-tisket, a-tasket
17: a picnic date ❞
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨ ☕️ ✨

It's been a few weeks now since her trip to New York, and surprisingly, no one questioned a thing. Not her dad, and definitely not her boyfriend. She had many doubts when she arrived back in Stars Hollow, half-expecting someone to ask about her sudden disappearance. But no one did.

In Everleigh's eyes it was a success.

Although she was proud of the trip and how smoothly it went, it was just a single day away from Stars Hollow, but now she had no choice but to get back to reality.

Back to Stars Hollow antics—like the basket auction charity being one of them.

Even to this day she had too many questions about why the event exists in the first place. Raising money for charity isn't the issue; it's how the town goes about it. According to Kirk, the women make baskets filled with goodies, and the men bid on them, leading to a picnic date between the two. It's... odd.

As she scans the shelves at Doose's Market, she picks up a few snacks for herself and Blaze, grabbing cupcake ingredients on the way.

Suddenly she feels a weight drop in her shopping basket. Glancing down, she notices chocolate bars but when she was met with the owner of the sweet treats, she wasn't amused.

Jess, leaning against the shelf, shrugs. "They're my favourites."

She narrows her eyes. "Why?"

Jess shrugs again. "Just giving a friend a little help."

Everleigh glances down at the basket—her snacks, Blaze's snacks, and now Jess's. Slowly putting two and two together and glares at him. "No. You can't be involved."

"I haven't done anything," he says, feigning innocence.

"But I know you," she counters, narrowing her eyes again. "So, drop whatever you're planning."

"I'm just helping a friend out with her date," Jess teases, smirking.

She rolls her eyes and continues walking down the aisle. "Why do I have a hard time believing you?"

"Beats me. Thought you said you knew me," he says, trailing behind her and continuing to drop random items into her basket.

She spins around and swats his hands away. "Will you stop?"

Jess rolls his eyes but finally complies, though he keeps close behind. Everleigh squints at him, waiting for his next move, but when he stays quiet, she goes back to shopping.