𝐀/𝐍

this is the end of 'the addition', and that feels really weird to write. this was my first fanfic i posted on this account, and it's been a wild ride, despite me being really slow to update at the end.

i just want to thank everyone who's been with me since the beginning, and everyone who will be reading this after it's finished. y'all are amazing and i hope you enjoyed reading alenia's story as much as i did writing it.

that being said... her story is not done.

there will be two other books in my tolkien saga: 

book 2 will be titled 'dauntless' and will be an aragorn fic featuring both the returning alenia and a new oc, danael orrynth, which i will be posting as soon as i post the last two chapters on here. 

the third book will take place in between 'the addition' and 'dauntless' and will show kilenia's delayed honeymoon which takes a dangerous turn and causes them to meet danael. the fun thing that i'm planning to do with this book is it will feature some of your guys' ocs!! i will be writing this after i complete 'dauntless' and i will post a form at the end of it where you can apply ocs for that book. more info to come later. <33

okay, now i have a few questions for you guys in regards to 'dauntless' that i would like your opinions on:

1) was the language and wording used in this book alright? the tolkien movies have a very distinct use of words and i know that alenia may not have fit in perfectly with that. she used a lot of modern speech in this. so what do you guys want in the next one (and in this one because i may go back and edit this book)? keep the language the same or change it to fit better with the movies' scripts?

2) due to me trying to create danael's character for 'dauntless', i've realized that her age might be a problem as aragorn is one of the dunedain and therefore he's older than he actually looks and i'm just trying to figure out whether she should be half-elf like alenia, or fully human but way younger than aragorn... so lmk if it's cool if she's also half-elf, or what age she should be that is acceptable to be aragorn's love interest. (i will be adjusting the time the inbetweequel takes place accordingly).

3) while we're on the topic of aragorn's love interests, i was wondering if there was a specific way you would like to see him and danael get together, especially considering aragorn and arwen's relationship is one of his main character arcs. so i have three plausible options to make it work; a) he and arwen were never in a relationship, b) he and arwen have been having problems due to him being away so much and they break it off before the fellowship leaves, or c) super slow burn relationship during the events of the movies w/ angst bc aragorn feels guilty that he's falling for someone else and at the end he either has to apologize to arwen and explain himself or it turns out that she left middle-earth when elrond asked her to. i think i'm leaning towards a) or b) but lmk if there's another way that you guys think it could work or if you have a preference.

4) in this book, when a character was speaking elvish or dwarvish, i used italics and bold respectively. do you want me to keep doing that or should i use a translator in the next book and have the english translations in parentheses?

5) alr so i know we didn't have the wedding in here, but i thought that i could either put it at the beginning of the inbetweequel, or have it as a bonus scene after this a/n. i might make another bonus scenes where we can meet the spawn of kilenia hehe ;)) lmk if y'all want another bonus scene focusing on something different <33

pls lmk if you have any questions regarding those ^^, or if you need clarification on something

okay, i think that's it. so if you would like to continue with alenia's story go check out 'dauntless'- the cast will be up tonight and the first chapter will be posted on sunday (7/19/2020).

love y'all sm. signing off for the last time on 'the addition'.

- ash xx