10. - Inner Demons/Dark Places, Pt. I

[A/N]: Apologies in advance for the late update. I was incredibly busy and life has been a pain-in-the-ass, as always, not just lately. So, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. As always, it'd be a slow-burn and the word count is approximately 6.342. So, please, enjoy it! Or at least try to enjoy it, lol!

━━━ ✙ ━━━

"How can one run away from
something that is themselves?"

━━━ ✙ ━━━

(Waylon's T.P.O.V.)

"FUCK OFF, BATMAN!"

"Not until I lock you up back in your cage, Feral!"

Waylon dodged almost each of Batman's Batarang, though two of them successfully pierced his ribcage and his shoulder. However, it only stung for a while before his tissues adjusted the pain until it felt like nothing had ever scraped his skin. However, the pain was still real.

"Leave me alone, Asshole!" Waylon croaked as he dodged Batman's grappling gun. Just as Waylon was about to mock Batman's inaccuracy, a tire that he stumbled upon one day and used as an ottoman struck his head from rearward, resulting in Waylon being launched off from his sturdy stance. His face dragged along the platform and ended up on a small puddle he created after he was done ruminating about how lonely he was while diving in the waters. Turned out Batman wasn't even aiming at Waylon. He grumbled about how he should've had not brought that damn tire with him.

"Give it up, Waylon!"

"The hell I will!" Waylon bellowed as he struggled to get up, only to be knocked down by Batman's weight.

"GET OFF OF ME, YOU-"

A taser shocked him, and an excruciating pain jolted all over his body as the puddle below him was electrified. His deafening shrieks resonated all over the sewers, and with all his might he had left, he was finally able to shove Batman's weight from his back. He had never felt this vulnerable before. Perhaps the neverending thoughts of (Y/n) began to take a toll on his ravaged mind.

A jab on his chin hurled him, and unlike any other fights he had engaged in before, this time, he fell. He was about to get up, to beat the shit out of this Bat Guy, and eat him while he's still in his bizarre outfit, but...

He just couldn't. He didn't want to hurt him somehow, despite he had been engaged in a lot of combat with him.

Fuck! I should've eaten (Y/n) when I had the chance! How the fuck is (Y/n) able to get into my head?!

But, no! (They) make me want to change! And I want to change! I love (them)!

"Not so mighty anymore, aren't you?" Batman insulted as he threw another punch at Waylon's body, sending another pulse of pain across his skin. Though pain is what Waylon's accustomed to, pain is still a pain. Waylon refrained from his urge to fight back, no matter how appealing it was to see Batman's limbs all over the place, messing his lair with the stains of his blood that he had been willing to drink.

But for (Y/n), he won't, even if he won't ever be able to have another chance to hear (their) calming voice or see (their) pretentious smile.

Batman, as if he had been holding personal grudges, couldn't help but keep on throwing punches at Waylon. His fists tightened as each jab was sent. His teeth gritted more violent as Waylon's groans kept let out. His attacks became more hectic as the wild side of Batman's reigned him. His huffs and puffs became slower as Batman's assaults exhausted himself.