Unexpected

Ana had been ready in an hour, hair, makeup and dress all looking nicely. But Christian had been locked up in his office and on the phone for three hours. The old Ana would have knocked on the door and asked when they'd be leaving. But she knew now that things had taken a turn and she wasn't allowed to do things like that anymore. She sat waiting another hour until Christian finally emerged. He was dressed nicely, a grey suit and black tie. It went well with Ana's black silk dress she had on.

They had left without any indication as to where they were going. Christian then took her to a fancy restaurant where the two of them had an early dinner. Two hours after that, they sat back in the car as Taylor drove them to their next destination.

Ana was nervous. She knew they weren't going home, because she heard Christian take a call as they waited for Taylor to bring the car around, earlier after dinner.

"Yes, we're heading your way now." Christian said in his ever confident voice. Whoever was on the other end was talking a lot and Christian smiled, eyeing Ana. "I look forward to it too." And with that he hung up the phone.

A million scenarios were playing in her head. What if he was taking her back to Joseph? Maybe he was getting a replacement. The thought crept up her and made her want to scream. She would convince him that keeping her would be the best decision if it came to that. She thought over their dinner together. Christian hadn't been talkative but he wasn't completely cold toward her either. He was just cordial. Almost acting like they had just met.

The car began to slow down and Ana looked out the window, coming back to reality. She had been so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't paid any attention to where they were going.

They were in a very wealthy neighborhood. The car stopped at a gate, but Taylor had the code and punched it in. A loud beep buzzed and then the gate slid open, allowing them access.They drove up a hill and at the top was a huge white stoned house. It was beautiful. Ana wondered if this were Josephs house. It looked like somewhere he'd live.

Taylor parked and got out, opening Christians door. Christian got out and helped Ana out behind him.

The two of them walked to the front door, before Christian pressed the doorbell he turned to Ana.

"Be on your best behavior."

"Yes Sir." She said, still confused as to what was going on.

He nodded at her then pressed the doorbell. It chimed loudly, and through the frosted glass of the front door Ana could see a figure heading their way. A young lady opened the door. She was smiling at them, "Mr. Grey?" She asked.

Christian nodded, "Ms. Hansen is expecting me." He told her.

Mrs. Hansen? Ana thought. Then she remembered the woman from the night her and Christian went to dinner. The older lady who kept flirting with him. Victoria.

The woman nodded and stepped to the side, allowing them room to walk in.

The place was grand. A spiral staircase swooped down from the second floor to where they were standing.

"This way Mr. Grey." The lady said, as she walked the two of them up the stairs.

When they got upstairs they turned immediately to their right. A huge room that had no doors on it seemed to welcome them. It was the exact opposite of Christians playroom. Ana was surprised at how unhidden this part of Victorias house was. Huge stone pillars lined the room and stood every few feet. There was a huge pink California kingsize bed in the far back of the room. Four swan chaise lounges lined the center of the room, and what looked to be an over sized footstool sat in the middle of them. Everything was either pink or beige. Tassels hung from places about the room, and there were a few giant vases in some spots. Ana wasn't quite sure what theme Victoria was trying to go for but she somehow made it look fun and inviting to be in this room.