Allowance

"Anastasia." Christian didn't look up at her as he thumbed through a short stack of papers.

Ana was trying to get a read on his mood, but as he sat behind his desk in his office, he appeared to be a closed book. She was standing awkwardly in the doorway.

An hour ago Taylor had called her, saying she was to be dressed and ready as soon as she could, upon Mr. Greys request. She didn't know what this was all about and though she knew she was suppose to move quickly, she didn't know how she should dress. Finally deciding on a semi casual knee length fitted blue sundress, that highlighted her eyes all the more.

A hand on the small of her back from Christians secretary, scoot her gently forwarded and then the door shut behind her.

Finally Christian looked up at her. He was wearing a grey suit, white button down shirt and black silk tie.

Raising his eyebrows he said, "Are you going to take a seat or stand there all day?"

Ana quickly made her way to the chair opposite of his. This was the first time she had been in his office. Trying to be discreet she glanced around the room. Seattle buzzed behind him, through the floor to ceiling windows that took up an entire wall. It was beautiful and she couldn't help but imagine what being in this room during a sunset would look like.

Ana was just running her eyes over his collection of books in the right side of his office when he cleared his throat, brining her back to attention.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I've had you come to my office today." He leaned back leisurely in his chair. "I'm sure you know baby now, subs normally receive an allowance."

Oh how well she knew indeed.

"Well I'm gonna put you on one. Heres you're checking card along with your new account information." He slid a manilla envelope across the table to her. "Five thousand dollars will be deposited into your account each month on the first. Of course I'll also cover other expenses you have apart from this. This is money for you to do whatever you want with. Spend it all before the end of the month and you have to come ask me for more. There will be punishments if you already spend it all before the new month, but that doesn't mean I won't give you more money. Do you understand?"

Ana nodded, her hands still sitting on top of the yellow envelope.

"You can save it, spend it on clothes, whatever the hell you want. If you'd like to set up a savings account you may, just make sure its the same bank. I can have my secretary set one up for you if you wish to do so."

He sat up, leaning forward his eyes intense, "Ana, you are not allowed to get a job. Is that clear?"

Ana nodded again, like a young child, afraid to try to speak.

"If this amount is not enough, you may try to negotiate." Gesturing a hand toward her, to speak if she wished.

She pursed her lips. "I want ten." She had no clue where she got the sudden courage to request such an amount, and to bee honest, she was shocked.

Christian looked shocked as well. "Ten thousand? Why do you need so much?"

Ana tilted her head at him, "I have my reasons."

"Tell me." He demanded.

"No."

"Anastasia, do I need to take you over my knee right here in my office?" His voice had an edge to it, but it was husky and she knew if she were to look, he'd have a hard on.

Ana was smart and called his bluff. She leaned forward, eyes half lidded at him, "I don't have to tell you anything. You said I could do whatever I'd like with it, and that it was up for negotiation."