Chapter 31

Edited 8/10/2020

Tris POV: 

I had a lot of fun with Kylie. I know we didn't get along at first, but she is kinda nice. I don't know how Four will react when he sees me hanging out with Kylie. Would I quit being friends with her is Four doesn't like her?

I woke up even earlier today than I did yesterday. Today we are starting the fights. I get all ready and then I decide to wake up Kylie. It's not super early anymore. She also switched beds with me so I didn't have to be by Mathew. 

I tap her. "Hey do you wanna come with me on a run?" I ask. 

She rubs her eyes. "Yeah just let me get ready really quick." I nod and I go and sit on my bed as she gets ready. When she is done we quietly walk out of the dorm. "Now I know why you weren't asleep or in the room when Four comes to wake us up." She says. "How do you wake up so early?"

"I get nightmare of my parents and things like that. I also just got used to it I guess." I say. 

"I'm so sorry." She says. 

"No it's fine." I say. We start to jog the same path I did yesterday. When we reach the spot about the Chasm. We stop to catch our breath and look at it. 

"I am excited for training today." Kylie says. 

This is the spot where there are no cameras and no one is around. "Today we are doing fights against others." I say. 

"Oh no. I am going to do so bad." Kylie says.

"I'm sure you'll do great. If you don't I'll help you get better just do your best." I say. 

"Thanks that means a lot." She says. 

"No problem." I shift a little on my feet. "Your going to keep my secret right?"

"Of course. Don't worry." She says giving me a smile.

"Okay thanks." I say. I hear footsteps. I turn around and see Four running with Zeke. I turn to face Kylie again with my eyes wide. Zeke and Four stop right next to us.

"Hey." Zeke says streching his arms. I wave and so does Kylie. "Why are you all up so early?" Zeke asks. 

"She woke me up." Kylie says pointing at me. 

"Umm just a habit." I say. Four looks at me, but doesn't say anything. I told him that I was getting nightmares yesterday. I don't want Zeke to know. He is my brother and I feel like if he knows it will be so much worse. 

"When did you two become friends?" He asks looking and Kylie and I.

Kylie and I look at each other. "Yesterday, we just kinda ran into each other." I say. I remember I ran into her running from Four. I look up and Four and I make eye contact. I look back down he doesn't even see my real eye color. I want to come clean so bad and I might when Kylie grabs my arm. 

"Let's go eat." She doesn't wait for a response. She pulls me with her when we are out of ear shot she says "You cannot just go and tell him like you were about to. You need to bring it on gently if you want them to forgive you for lying and everything." 

"I know, I know. Thanks." I say and she nods and we go into the dining hall.

"Are you ready for me to ask about Tris Pedrad today?" She asks. 

"Yeah, but they might not even answer you." I point out. 

"True, but it couldn't hurt to ask." She responds. 

We have only been here for a couple of minutes when the transfers and the danuntless-borns show up. I see Mathew come in and he sits on the other side of the table from me getting as far as possible. Christopher, Micheal, Tessa and Miley all sit down. I don't know anyone besides Kylie and Mathew.