Chapter 34

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV: 

I wake up that morning and no one else is the the dorms except Mathew. I didn't have nightmares. "What time is it?" I ask.

"We need to leave soon. Zeke came by and told us to meet them there is 20 minutes about 15 minutes ago." Mathew says. 

"Were you going to wake me up?" I ask as I quickly get ready. I know what I am going to do. I am going to take off my makeup and everything that way they see who I really am. 

" I was, but then you woke up."Mathew says. 

I roll my eyes. "Well let's go."I say. 

Mathew and I walk in silence well he walks and I use my crutches. I am kinda scared about telling them. But Four's reaction will be the one that matters the most. That is how I will decide if I should forgive him. 

When we get there we don't knock we just come in. Everyone is sitting on the couch. I take a deep breath and I wipe my palms on my leggings. "Why are they here?" Christina asks. 

"Izzy has something to tell us." Zeke says. 

"You guys want to know what I am hiding?" I ask, but it sound more like a statement. 

When they nod I go to the bathroom. "Give her a couple of minutes." I hear Mathew say. 

I take out my green contacts. I use the freckle remover to take of my freckles and I clean the rest of the makeup off my face. I take the makeup off my tattoos and then I take a deep breath and step outside of the bathroom. "I was hiding myself." I say. 

Everyone stares at me. Taking me in and Uriah comes running up to me and hugs me. "Tris. I missed you so much." Marlene comes up to me after Uriah let's go with tears in her eyes. 

"I am so sorry." She says. She then hugs me and sits with Uriah. Lynn, Shauna, Will and Al." Wave and say welcome back and we are happy your back. I wasn't really close with them. 

Now I am waiting for Christina's and Four's response. "Tris." Christina says. "Why would you leave? Don't you know how much is hurt all of us."

"I know I am sorry. I needed to find what was behind the wall. I needed an escape and I feel bad." I say. 

Christina shakes her head. "I still don't think you get it." 

"Well, you guys don't get how I feel either. I have no one. You guys all have each other. When we leave here that doesn't change for you guys, but for me it's what changes or doesn't. I know I am the one who left, but if you guys really care about me you would understand and be supportive. I came back. I wanted to tell you as soon as I got here, but I am not allowed to. I will get in trouble for leaving. I had many reasons for leaving." I say and then I turn to face Four and shake with more anger "You did lie, but I am glad you were kinda honest and you" I say looking at Marlene. "Betrayed me." I look at all of them "Those 8 months were not easy for me, they were completely painful." I say. 

"I don't know how you could leave though." Four says. 

"Well we all make choices don't we. I wanted to come back and I wanted to tell you guys." I say. 

"You said you were going to get in trouble." Uriah says. 

"The people I found out there made me. They are watching us now and I know I will get punished for telling you. I could even lose my life. I am helping them though. If I really didn't care about you guys I wouldn't have come back." I say. 

"I'm so sorry Tris. I should never had doubted your friendship and said what I said to you." Marlene says. 

"I forgave everyone who messed up while I was gone." I say. "I gotta go. I wanna enjoy my day off."