The ocean night

Marinette came back from their age night concert and went to her bedroom. She stared out of the window longingly but knew her father's rules. And the curfew. She hummed the song she had sung at the concert with a soft smile.

She watched the lights of her people's homes turn off one by one. She grinned before opening the window and swimming out. She swam to the outskirts of her kingdom and swam up to the surface. She sat down on a rock and let her tail remain in the water. She knew she was breaking many of her father's rules by doing this, but she had to. She wanted her freedom.

She began humming the song again.
"Nice song." She looked up and saw a bat flying above her.
"Thank you," she said with a blush. "What's your name?"
"My name is Plagg. And yours?" he said, perching on her shoulder.
"I'm... Marinette," she said with a smile.
"Are you a mermaid or a siren hoping to be a mermaid?" asked Plagg.
"Mermaid," she replied.
"Can you sing?" he asked. Marinette nodded. She closed her eyes and let the breeze blow past her.

"I saved every letter you wrote me. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were mine. You said you were mine. I thought you were mine," she began. The music of the concert from before filled her head, making this seem natural. "Do you know what my sister said when I told her what you'd done?"

Meanwhile, Adrien strolled along the sands of the beach. He had escaped from his prison of a house and decided to remain on the one place that made him feel calm. He took a deep breath in and then released it. He continued walking until he heard an angelic voice singing. He looked over at the rock and saw the mermaid. He gasped. She was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen. With long, flowing, midnight blue hair and a pink flower in it, a red mermaid tail with black spots and ocean blue eyes. He sat down on the beach and began to listen to her song. When it ended, he looked at her intensely.

"That was beautiful," commented Plagg. Marinette let a quiet chuckle escape her lips.
"You're adorable," she said with a smile.
"Where are you from?" he asked.
"I was actually born in the Vampire Realm. I am the princess of the Vampire Seas," she said with a smile.
"Wow. Have you ever been to another realm before?" asked Plagg.
"Once. I went to the werewolf realm. I made a friend called Nino," she said with a shrug.
"Wow. I must get back to my friend. He's grounded because he wants to be good and leave," he said with an eye roll.
"A good vampire? I didn't know there was six a thing," she said with a confused glance at the sea.
"There hasn't been until him. He hates eating the humans that stumble across this realm," he said.
"If he left... would you go with him?" she asked.
"Maybe... I don't know where I would fit in," he said with a chuckle. "Goodbye Marinette."
"Goodbye Plagg," she said. Plagg got up and flew away. Adrien's eyes widened in realisation as his eyes met Marinette's. She gasped and quickly dived under the sea.