Pretty's on the Inside

Marinette swam around her bedroom with excitement coursing through her veins. She had a lesson with Master Fu again today and they were learning to turn her into a human. However, it would only last for 24 hours, unless she changed herself.

She opened her bedroom window and swam out, not caring who saw her. She was beaming with happiness. She could hug her dark knight. She could pluck up the courage to confess her feelings. Alya was joining her for the lesson as she was convinced that Marinette was meant to be with the vampire. Plus, Alya wanted to do the same thing to Nino. Except they were already dating. And he loved her for her.

They checked the coast was clear before entering the cave and bowing before the turtle.
"A new student today Ladybug?" asked Master Fu, swimming around the huge pot in the middle.
"Only for today," answered Marinette with a nod.
"Girl, why does he call you Ladybug?" asked Alya.
"I honestly have no idea," whispered Marinette with a shrug.

"Because Rena Rouge. They are your true names. Deep within your heart," explained Master Fu. "I too have a new accomplice. He is my apprentice sorcerer. Meet Wayzz."

A smaller turtle came from the other room and waved to the girls.
"Hi Wayzz. I'm Marinette and this is Alya," said Marinette with a smile. Wayzz bowed his head before looking at his mentor.

After a few hours of experimenting, they had finally managed to perfect the potion to become human. The setback was that it would last for 24 hours only unless they physically changed back into a mermaid by entering the water.

The two girls bowed their heads in respect to the mentors before taking their leave at sunset. Marinette waved goodbye to her friend as Alya entered a portal. Marinette swam to the surface and watched the sun go down. She felt the cool breeze brush against her as she waited for her friend.

"Ladybug!" she heard her excited friend exclaim from the entrance to the beach. She turned her head and waved as he came running down.
"Hello Adrien. I-uh... how did it go with Kagami?" she asked, remembering the hurt that it had caused her the night before.
"I did have to let her down softly," he said, looking down at the sand sadly. "But you've helped me do that."
"I never helped you reject a girl," said Marinette with a laugh, feeling relieved that she could still confesss.
"No... what I mean is.... Chat Noir took control when we did."
"What?" cried Marinette with a gasp.
"I'm no longer scared of what he will do. We're one person now. Sure, we do change sometimes but he can see what I'm doing and sometimes control me and I can see what he is doing and control him," explained Adrien. She watched with widened eyes as Adrien stood up.

"Ready my friend?" he asked to thin air. He closed his eyes and then opened them again.
"Hello m'ladybug," said Adrien with a wink.
"Chat Noir?" cried Marinette, excitement reentering her veins.
"Yep. I can be Adrien for a few minutes. He wants to be back in his own body but he said I can have my usual session. If that's alright with you," answered the vampire with a shrug. Marinette nodded as a dark fog surrounded Adrien and the messy-haired, blonde vampire reappeared in his natural form. 

He took a seat next to the mermaid and smiled.
"This isn't going to be like any usual session," she admitted.
"How so princess?" he asked. She took a deep breath before revealing the potion in her hand. His eyes widened. "What is that?"
"A potion. To make me human for 24 hours unless I touch water," she answered with a shy smile.
"Why would you want to be human?" he asked.
"To make you happy," she responded with a blush.
"But I like you any shape or form. You don't have to change for me," he said, a little concerned for the mermaid.
"Please!" she begged. "I want to."

Chat Noir bowed his head.
"I don't think this is a good idea Ladybug," he whispered.
"Adrien... I."
"Please... don't do this," he whispered sadly, looking up at the girl. His eyes were the usual green as his lighter form's. His eyes then faded to all green like his darker form's.
"Let me try!"
"Okay."

She quickly drank the potion and watched her tail fade away and be replaced with legs.
"Wow!" cried Marinette with a smile. Chat Noir felt the contagious smile creep onto his face as he saw his friends excitement. He stood up and offered a hand.

She grabbed it and helped her to her feet. He held her tightly as she struggled to balance on her feet.
"Let me help you," he said with a smile. He took a step back, hanging onto the girl as she attempted to follow him. Only to, as a result, fall into him and send them both flying onto the sandy floor. They giggled for a bit before trying to get up.

Marinette pushed herself off of him and got lost in his emerald eyes.
"S-Sorry," she stammered.
"It's... okay," he said with a sheepish smile.

He helped her to her feet and they spent the night walking. They walked along the beach once she was able to properly walk but she did trip every so often. When she did, she would joke about being really clumsy.

She stayed with him until the sun was beginning to rise. Which was a first.
"I have to leave now bugaboo," he said, putting a hand on her cheek.
"I understand. I'll see you later?" she said with a smile.
"As per usual," he said, pecking her on her cheek. He stood up and dusted himself off.

"Wait!" she cried. He turned and looked at the girl. She was lost for words. She didn't know what to say. She had it all prepared and then she got distracted. "I...I uh... I... I-I llllliiiiikkkkeeee you!" Chat Noir's face softened.
"See you later princess."

He began walking away.
"My name is Marinette!" she shouted after him. A dark fog surrounded him and he became Adrien. Adrien had the biggest smile on his face as he returned to his home.

Marinette felt a huge weight had been lifted but still felt paranoid that he didn't like her back. She went into the water and watched as her legs disappeared and she became a mermaid again. She yawned before returning to the palace.