Dragons

The mermaid looked around her surroundings before swimming to the surface. She looked around and saw a dragon sitting by the shore. She dove down again before swimming closer to the dragon. She stopped to listen.

"Everyone thinks I'm insane to want to leave here," the dragon said. "But I'm not like them. I don't fit in here... I'm beginning to think mermaids can't take me from here. I mean... I must be insane! I have been talking to the water for almost a week! No mermaids have shown up so maybe they don't even exist!"

"Now now, I'm pretty sure I exist," scoffed the mermaid, appearing out of the water. The dragon jumped back from the sea and eyed the mermaid in suspicion.
"Are you a mermaid or a siren?" she asked suspiciously.
"A mermaid," answered the polka-dotted mermaid. "I'm Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng." The dragon closed her eyes before turning back into her human self.
"I'm Kagami."

The two spent a few hours talking.
"So where were you hoping to go?" asked Marinette with a smile.
"Anywhere from here," muttered Kagami sadly.
"I can do that. I'll take you to my home," enthused Marinette.
"Where do you live?"
"Th Vampire Seas. I am the King's daughter," answered Marinette happily. She pushed herself back into the water. "Can you hold your breath?" Kagami bit her lip before nodding. She replaced her anxiety with a smile and she took hold of Marinette's hand.

"Make sure you have a firm hold of my hand at all times," instructed Marinette which Kagami responded with a nod. She dove into the depths of the seas and then tapped her wrist. A portal opened and the two swam through it. The portal closed behind them and they swam up to the surface so the girl could breathe.

Kagami took in a few deep breaths.
"I held it for longer than I thought," said Kagami with a chuckle.
"Marinette."

The sound of her father's words made her freeze in fear.
"Who is this?"
"This is Kagami from the Dragon Realm. She didn't want to live there anymore so I took her here," explained Marinette, letting go of Kagami's hand.
"She has nowhere to stay," said Tom, his eye twitching. Marinette could tell he wasn't pleased about this but he promised Sabine that Marinette could do things like this.
"Oh it's okay sir. I'll find a tree or cloud to live in," said Kagami with a shrug. This made him twitch again.
"Fine," he grumbled. "Adrien is waiting for you too."

The king of the sea swam below the water and returned to his home.
"Who's Adrien?" asked Kagami.
"A friend of mine. He's a vampire but wants to be good. I'm helping his darker form become good too," answered Marinette.
"Can I meet him?" she asked.
"Of course," responded Marinette with a smile as she grabbed hold of Kagami's arm and began swimming to the shore.

Kagami stood up as the mermaid sat down on the sand. Adrien crashed down onto his knees and hugged his friend.
"Hey Adrien," she said with a smile.
"Hey Ladybug," he said.
"Her name is-"
"Ladybug!" I hissed. "And that's... uh... Ryuuko."
"Yeah. The reason I need fake names is because Chat Noir will find a way to twist you mind," said Adrien. Kagami nodded and then smiled.
"I like that. My name is Ryuuko," she said. He smiled and stood up.
"Nice to meet you Ryuuko. I'm Adrien," he said, holding out his hand. She blushed a little before accepting the handshake. Marinette noticed and felt something inside of her snap.

Why do I feel sudden hatred towards her? Is it... jealousy? But why? I don't like him... or maybe I do... I mean. Do I like him or Chat Noir? No! That can't be possible! I.. I like... I like both of them, the mermaid thought. She was too stubborn to say it aloud but she was now regretting bringing Kagami. It looked like they had a connection.

"Time to meet Chat Noir," announced Adrien. He gave Kagami and Marinette a thumbs up before a dark fog surrounded him.
"Ah Princess," he said, looking at the mermaid.
"Chat Noir," said Marinette with a smirk.
"And who is this deliciousness? A human?" said Chat Noir, taking Kagami's hand. She snatched it away. He took a whiff of her scent before widening his eyes. "Princess... YOU BROUGHT A DRAGON?"
"What's wrong kitty?" asked Marinette with a smirk. Kagami joined the smirk.
"Ladybug... dragons can kill vampires with the fire from their mouth," hissed the vampire.
"Then behave," said Marinette with a grin.