Break the Bonds

"So where are the miracle warriors now?" asked Adrien. The goddess rolled her eyes.
"When I took their miraculouses, they became the ones to guide the next person to use them. I call them Kwamis," explained the goddess.
"So if your name isn't Miraculous, what is it?" asked Alya.
"Hm... no one has ever asked me that. I guess you could call me Mayura," she said with a smile.
"Alright Mayura... can you save us?" asked Marinette with eyes full of desperation.
"Yeah, you avoided the question last time!" added Chloe.
"Let me see..."

Mayura wandered off for a while. The teens sat there.
"Do we follow her?" asked Plagg.
"No... I don't think that would be wise," said Kagami.
"Okay... so how long will we be waiting for?" asked Tikki.
"Not sure," answered Adrien with a shrug.

It was only a few moments before the goddess returned.
"I believe I can help you," she confirmed.
"Great! How?" said Kagami.
"Well, I looked everywhere to see how to fix your situation and the only way I found was to change everything I fixed," explained Mayura.
"I don't understand," groaned Chloe.
"It means that I can combine all the lands into one," said Mayura with an irritated sigh.
"So it will all be one giant land?" asked Plagg.
"No. I will combine them so that everyone becomes the species of that land. For example, I could combine every land into the human world, making every 'mythical creature' a human," explained Mayura.

Marinette sat down and hugged her knees.
"It does require a lot of ingredients however. Are you sure this is what you want?" explained Mayura. "To confirm the deal, just shake my hand."

Everyone joined Marinette and formed a circle.
"We'd ruin everyone's lives," said Adrien.
"No one else would get a say in it," added Alya.
"This is ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous. Just shake on it and get this over with," groaned Chloe.
"We can't! If we do, we'll be taking people's lives away and replacing them with another," protested Marinette.
"It wouldn't be wise," added Kagami.

"Well it seems the worlds are about to collide!" announced Mayura. Everyone turned around to see a puffy-eyed Chloe standing in front of Mayura.
"What did you do?" shrieked Alya.
"Saved your lives," said Chloe, whipping her hair back.
"But you could've destroyed other people's!" yelled Alya.
"And I don't want a life without you!" cried Chloe.

Alya sighed before hugging her sister.
"It's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous how you can all blame me for saving you," she scoffed. Alya chuckled before looking at Mayura.

"Okay. For this spell, I need a hair from all of you," she said quickly before plucking one from their heads and earning a yelp of pain off of them. She placed them into a cauldron which appeared from nowhere. She then poured a red liquid into the cauldron and began stirring.
"How long will this take?" asked Plagg.
"Be patient," hissed Adrien.
"Now I need 2 sacrifices!" she announced with an evil smirk.

"What?" they all shrieked.
"Don't worry. Nothing like that. I just need 2 people to give up their current life and become a kwami," scoffed Mayura.
"That's still horrible!" cried Marinette.
"I'll do it," the red-haired girl spoke.
"Tikki, no," whispered Marinette sadly.
"I'll become a kwami," said Tikki, ignoring her friend.

She stood forward and looked at Mayura with a quivering lip.
"Very well. You will be the new kwami of creation," said Mayura with a confident smile.
"I'll become one too," said the bat as he flew forwards.
"You will be the kwami of destruction," said Mayura before sniggering. Everyone gave her a questioning look before she responded with,"Just... good luck with your life over there. What I just said is ironic."

"So how do we do this?" asked Plagg.
"Jump in," said Mayura with a grin.
"What?" cried Adrien.
"Okay... bye guys," said Tikki sadly.
"You're insane! You cannot be doing this!" yelled Alya, pointing at the goddess.
"I'm insane? That makes sense since I have been alone for centuries," scoffed Mayura. "Do it now or your friends won't be saved."

Tikki closed her eyes tightly shut before jumping in, ignoring the screams of her friends. Marinette dropped to her knees and began crying.
"Wow," said Mayura with a surprised nod. "I didn't think she'd actually do it." Plagg quickly followed into the cauldron.

Mayura began stirring the potion again. She then began chanting a spell. The sky turned dark and lightning struck on the ground below them several times. Mayura looked at the teens and gave them a wink.

"See you in hell!" she said with an laugh before everything went dark.

*            *           *           *

"Marinette! You're going to be late!" shrieked the voice of her mother. Marinette jolted upright in bed and opened her eyes. She rubbed the sleep out of them and climbed down from her bed.
"Wha-what happened?" she asked before yawning.
"You passed out from the exhaustion," came a whispered answer from her drawers. Marinette opened them and saw Tikki laying down in a curled up ball.
"What are you doing in there?" asked Marinette with a chuckle.
"Dreaming about mermaids and vampires," said Tikki with a happy chuckle. Marinette strokes the kwami's head with one finger.
"Come on Tikki. We both know that they don't exist," she said with a grin.

The End