True love

"So princess, where's your cute friend?"

The mermaid laid on the sand staring at the stars glistening down at her. The sky was clear with no clouds in sight. The moon was full and high in the sky. Her head was next to Chat Noir's as he lay horizontally opposite from her.

"The dragon?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as her heart broke into a million pieces.
"Yeah."
"She's sleeping in a tree," answered Marinette, not really caring.
"So bugaboo, what's your real name?" She took her eyes off of the night sky and stared into his.
"I'm not allowed to tell you Chaton," she said with a small chuckle.
"Why?" he whined.
"Because Adrien said so," she reminded him.
"Adrien this. Adrien that. No one ever falls in love with me!" grumbled Chat Noir. Her eyes widened.
"You're jealous of your other half?" the mermaid asked.
"Well duh. He gets the father, the life. He's out every day and I'm stuck inside his soul, breaking every day whilst he tries to get rid of me," he explained.
"But you have me," she said, biting her lip nervously.
"No I don't. Your heart belongs to Adrien. As does that dragon's," scoffed Chat Noir.

She sat up straight and grabbed his hand. His heart beat for a second before his eyes met hers.
"Maybe my heart can belong to someone else?" she suggested. He let a gasp escape his lips.
"Why are you saying this?" he asked.
"Because... it's true. I have never been in love before... so I don't know what I'm feeling. And either way, if I were to love a vampire, it'd be for both sides of him," explained Marinette. A small blush creeped onto his face before she retreated her hand back. "That concludes today's lesson. Goodbye kitty."

She pushed herself back into the water and began swimming.

Chat Noir smiled and a dark fog circled around him before he turned back into Adrien.
"Goodbye princess," he mumbled happily. As he turned around, Plagg flew from nowhere and joined him on his journey home.

What the pair did not know was that a siren was watching them.
"A mermaid falling in love with a two-legged," scoffed the siren. She glanced down at her mark on her wrist. "Well what's the fun in being a siren and not having any fun? That's the son to the oldest and most powerful vampire family. And I know for sure... Adrien will be mine."

Sorry for such a short chapter. Stay amazing!