Real love

A/N: I know I do a lot of time skips but oh well. Hope you enjoy! Stay amazing!

It had been two months. Alya had begun dating the handsome werewolf and had sometimes got kicked out of the werewolf realm by the royal merfolk of the Werewolf Realm Sea. Chat Noir was practically as good as Adrien.

One night, Marinette was sat on the beach got her nightly visit to Adrien when she encountered her dragon friend. The dragon transformed into her human self and bowed in front of Marinette.
"Kagami. Long time no see," said Marinette, a smile plastered on her face.
"I know. I've been... busy. Is Adrien here? I wanted to ask him something," asked Kagami.
"No. He isn't yet. What did you want to ask him?" asked Marinette.
"If he'd consider being my soulmate."

Marinette's heart shattered. Her fingers trembled at the possible answers he would give to Kagami.
"Wow. That's amazing," she said with a nervous smile.
"Are you okay?" asked Kagami. Adrien came running on to the beach and waved to the two girls.
"Hey Ryuuko," he said with a smile.
"Sorry Adrien. Tell Chat Noir to be positive no matter what but I have to go," said Marinette quickly before jumping into the sea and swimming away. Adrien didn't want to admit it but that did hurt him.
"Why'd she leave?" asked Adrien.
"I don't know," answered Kagami, following where her friend swam with her eyes before quickly directing them to Adrien again. "Can I ask you something?"
"Anything."
"First... I need to tell you something," said Kagami with a nervous smile. "My real name is Kagami." 

Adrien's eyes widened.
"And now I would like to ask if you'll become my soulmate," she said. Adrien's heart dropped.
"W-what?" he stammered, blushing furiously.
"Will you be my partner for as long as we live?" she asked again.
"I-I don't know what to say," he said.
"Adrien, your words are hurting me. Please choose quickly," said Kagami.

His eyes widened as a dark fog surrounded him. It was the first time Chat Noir was able to take control. Usually, it's Adrien who has to be the one in control of who is out and who is in.
"My answer is no."
"I asked Adrien," she said sadly.
"I am Adrien," he said, a little hurt his friend loved his lighter side and not him.
"No. Adrien is perfection. He is my whole world and I would never give him up for anything!" protested Kagami.
"What?" said Chat Noir with a gasp.

He looked at the waves sadly.
"But what about what I want?" he asked.
"You said it yourself. You are Adrien. I guess you'll be with me as well. I can learn to love both sides of Adrien," she answered.
"But what if I love someone else?" he asked.
"You possess the body of Adrien and if we are soulmates, we are bound together until the day we die," explained Kagami.
"Then my answer is no."

The fog surrounded him again as he scowled at his friend.
"Adrien!" she said with a sigh of relief. "How was he able to change without your consent?"
"Because... I'm no longer scared of him. If I don't fear him, I can learn to live with him. And I have. He's a part of me and I accept that now," explained Adrien. "I'm sorry Kagami. I do like you but..."
"But what?" asked Kagami.
"There is someone I like... more," he responded.
"Do both of you like that person?" asked Kagami sadly. Adrien looked to his side and saw Chat Noir fade into his view. Chat Noir gave him a thumbs up before fading away again.
"Yes. Yes we do," he said with a confident smile.
"Then I hope you're happy together," she mumbled sadly.
"Please don't let this ruin our friendship!" he begged.
"Of course not. If friendship is the only relationship I get with you, I will treasure it," she said before turning into a huge dragon and flying away.

"Ouch. That looked like it had to hurt." Adrien looked next to him and saw Plagg perching on a rock.
"What are you doing here Plagg?" groaned Adrien.
"Just here to check up on you. No longer in fear of what your darker self will do anymore?"
"No. Because I know who his intentions would be for if he were to do so."
"Who?"

Adrien blushed as he thought of the girl he loves.
"Ladybug."

"Who is Ladybug?" questioned Plagg.