prologue

I never realized how difficult packing for college would be. Minx and I were sat in a circle surrounded by books, notebooks, stacks of random papers, and just so much junk from my childhood. I found it especially difficult to throw my stuff away, considering I had been surrounded by this "junk" my entire life.

Minx seemed a bit frustrated with me, as almost everything she showed me I wanted to keep. "Love, we've only thrown away a grocery bags worth of stuff. I know it's hard, but you gotta start throwing more junk away."

Sighing, I lean on Minx. She was completely right, but it was so difficult. I'm so attached to everything that it's insane. "Can we take a break? I feel like if we keep going I'm gonna have some sort of fuckin' breakdown."

Minx sighed but agreed. I'm sure that she was frustrated with me, but I couldn't help myself. I hate using my mental health as an excuse, but I still was extremely sensitive and I hated snapping at Minx. There's only a few days until I move into my dorm. I needed to finish organizing soon, even if it sucks.

"Why don't we grab something to eat and then we can get back to it?" I offer. Minx sighs with content and nods her head. I grab her hand and pull her onto her feet. I give her a peck on the lips before slipping my shoes on and grabbing my keys.

We end up at McDonald's, which is our guilty pleasure. Usually we share nuggets and fries, but neither of us were that hungry. We both order fries and a drink before finding a table and plopping our food down.

For such a small amount of food, we had an assortment of sauces. Minx loved to dip her food in a variety, which I always found strange. The fries were fresh, so they burned my tongue as I chomped on them.

Minx was oddly quiet, which made me feel bad about my inability to be productive. "I'm sorry I'm not getting shit done. Moving out is so stressful and I'm worried that i'll snap at you. It's not the first time I have."

"Jonathan, love." She takes a sip of her soda before clearing her throat. "I understand, I do. I work a different way and sometimes that's hard to accept. I love you, even if you like to take your time."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. That little reassurance that Minx gave helped me feel much better. "Thank you." I breathe, smiling like a dork.

-

woops i decided i wanted to make a sequel cuz i miss this story :)