The End

The weather is beautiful. Red, orange, gold, and yellow leaves cascaded to the ground as the wind slightly jostled the branches of trees. White chairs lined the space between the cabin and the lake. Each chair was filled with a loved one; someone who meant a lot to either Casey or Schlatt.

Four women in burgundy dresses lined the right side, each girl holding a bouquet of white roses. The four men on the left wore matching suits, with small white roses tucked into their pockets.

Jonathan was stood in the middle, hands anxiously clasped together at his waist. As the piano starts playing in the background and the guest begin to stand, Jonathan can feel his heart beating out of his chest. In any moment, the love of his life was going to walk out of the cabin and towards him. She would be wearing some sort of dress that would be a total surprise to Jonathan, but he knew she'd look beautiful either way.

Eventually, the large, wooden door creaks open. Casey's father, dressed in a sleek navy blue suit, steps out and to the side. And there she is.

Schlatt loses his breathe. The dress is so bright, offsetting the plethora of color surrounding them. The white is so crisp and satisfying to the eye. Jonathan feels tears slip down his cheeks as the full effect hits him.

Her dad leads her to Jonathan, who's smiling ear to ear and slightly laughing as he wipes his tears. Casey tries her best not to cry, as she spent three hours getting her hair and makeup done.

Eventually the stunning woman is stood in front of her husband-to-be. They're both staring at each other, grinning like fools. Casey tries her best to say the right thing as the wedding progresses, but her main focus is on the man in front of her. He's wearing all black, which made Casey's heart melt. She never knew such a suit could look so hot.

Now it's time for the vows. Jonathan slips out a little notecard. Casey lets out a soft giggle as she sees Jonathan's messy handwriting, which earns a giggle from the man standing in front of her.

His voice is shaky as he grabs the microphone, but he proceeds to talk.

"Casey. Today is a dream come true. From the day you first bugged me in English class, I always knew there was something special about you. I always wondered who this gorgeous girl was, especially since she wouldn't leave me alone. I'm so thankful that you didn't stop pestering me, because we wouldn't be here today. You are so utterly perfect in every way, and I am so unbelievably lucky that you chose to stick with my stubborn self. I love you with my whole heart, and I am so happy to spend the rest of my life with you."

Casey's in full tears, attempting to soak her tears into a napkin. She was somehow mostly successful, which impressed Jonathan.

His shaky hand holds out the microphone to Casey, who sniffles and wipes away her tears once again.

"Wow, how am I going to top that?" She jokes, earning a laugh from the audience. "Jonathan always pretends that I'm some gift from God, which I really appreciate, but he never acknowledges how amazing he actually is. As much as he'd like to believe that he's a ticking time bomb and a mess, he's really not. He's the most coordinated, passionate, and caring person that I have ever met. You have spent so much time making me happy. It's always been your goal to take care of me and treat me like a queen. I am honored to be your wife. I cannot wait to pester you for the rest of your life. I love you!"

The audience giggles again, but this time through a set of tears. Soon enough, the official standing in the middle of them announces that they are officially husband and wife, and that they may kiss.

Jonathan pulls Casey in for a kiss, wrapping his arms around her waist as she wraps her arms around his shoulders. They kiss as they audience erupts in cheers. They throw handfuls of red rose petals as they celebrate.

"I love you, wifey." Jonathan says with a huge smile on his face.

"I love you. hubby." Casey responds, smiling back.

In that moment, they both knew everything would be alright, as long as they had each other.

The End

Thank you for reading! Please check out my other stories if you have a chance! I have another Schlatt book on the way! But officially, this series is over :))