23

*warning: another time skip because i am lazy*

Dear Casey,

        Valentine's went really good! You cried at dinner and then you cried even more when you read my letter. At first I felt bad about making you cry, but you assured me it was purely happy tears. It's been a few days since then, but I have a bunch of emotions that I'm trying to figure out.

        There's a pretty little ring on your finger now, and I gave it to you at dinner. You were pretty excited for it, which was kind of surprising to me. I kind of forget that you love me or something like that. It's not the fanciest thing and it's actually quite simple but you seem to love it. At least the seven posts on your story flexing it tells me so.

        Who knew you'd wanna marry me. My heart was pounding so fast when I started to get on one knee. You were crying before I even kneeled, because apparently I have a way with words. At least, that's what your parents said afterwards.

         You're laying in bed right now, sleeping peacefully. It's been a long day, as we both had class, homework, and work. I should be asleep, considering I've been awake for almost twenty hours, but my love for you is keeping me awake. I don't know how it works, but every time I think of you my heart rushes and I get a burst of adrenaline. I figured maybe expressing it in a way that wouldn't wake you up would be a better option.

        We're so young, you know? Still in college and we're engaged. Neither of us have a ton of money, but we definitely have a decent amount of savings. I still don't think we're financially ready just yet, but I don't care. I didn't feel rushed and neither did you. I know in my heart that I want to marry you, so I asked.

        Thank God you said yes, because I have no idea what I'd do if you said no. You have my whole heart and I yearn for the same from you, and it seems as if I'm getting what I want. Your love, plain and simple. Just the way it is.

        Wow, it's three am. I should definitely go to bed, considering we have class at eight tomorrow. I love you. Text me when you read this. <3

- Fiancé