Trust Me Blindly

The air was thick with smoke, and humidity, as the small street bar went up in flames from the inside out. The counter was feeding into the flame, broken bottles of alcohol causing the uproar. The fire was licking at the wallpaper Suga had spent so much time putting up, the tables that Daichi had worked his ass off to get in.

Everything, every memory they had together, was burning right in front of Daichi, as he searched in the debris, and smoke for the silver haired beautiful boy who had stolen his heart.

"SUGA!" he cried out, over the crackling wood, trying his best to fight against the hot pulses of heat coming at him in waves. He had broken a leg on his way down, and moving felt like a searing hot iron melted pins and needles into him.

"SUGA WHERE ARE YOU?" He shouted again, moving out of the way just in time to miss a falling beam that had caught on fire. It started the flames up the stairs, and Daichi cringed, as he kept searching.

"Hey Daichi I think we should get kids."

"Oh really? Why?"

The air around Daichi seemed tighter downstairs, smoke filling every corner of the room, all he could see was red.

"You'd be the best father." Suga says leaning in to kiss his boyfriend.

"Really?"

"Mhm, we can live right upstairs from the bar."

The back wall caved in, and Daichi jumped away, feeling a tear at his heart.

"SUGA! PLEASE!"

That's when he saw it. A ash covered hand poking from behind a table. Running over, Daichi lifted it up, and threw it as far to the side as he could, panting heavily as he looked down on his boyfriend. His eyes were open, and tears glistened in the firelight.

"I hate when you cry."

"I do too, Daichi. I guess that means that when I do you'll have to be there to take care of me."

"Ha... Daichi." Suga smiles sadly.

Assessing the damage done, he could quickly see purple bruises all up and down Suga's arms, waist, and neck, burn marks littering his face, and hands. He had to do something or
Suga wouldn't be able to make it much longer.

Daichi moved downwards and crawled towards suga, trying to lift him up, but to no avail he couldn't lift him up.
Grunting he tried again, still no success.

"Daichi," suga said softly.

"Yeah? Suga? What do you need? Anything. Please just hang in there."

"Come lay down for a bit." He sighed.

"No- I need- to help."

Suga giggled weakly, "Did your voice just crack?"

"It's probably just the flames."

"Mm."

"I'm sorry I couldn't do better for you Daichi."

"What? No suga- what are you saying-"

"You know what I'm saying."

"Promise me you'll tell me if you ever get sick."

"You're not my dad, but okay." Suga has giggled.

"...you didn't tell me did you?"

Suga sighed and rested his head against the floor, "Honestly I think we both knew, but was to scared to admit it."

As if sensing Daichi's panic, Suga hushed him, "it's going to be okay. I just... need a little rest first."

"Suga no, don't fall asleep you need to stay conscious the bar is still on fire it could literally collapse at any moment."

"I have no energy left. I won't be able to make it out. Do you have your phone on you?"

"Yeah, but I have poor reception. I'll try calling The police."

"No don't. You'll get in trouble."

"But suga-"

"Just... listen to me." Suga sighed, allowing his his eyes to travel up to the ceiling.

Daichi cringed allowing himself to lay in the floor hugging his boyfriend to his chest, "Okay."

Daichi turned on his phone, and quickly pressed the green phone button, and scrolled down his list of contacts till he found Asahi's.

"H-hey this is asashi, sorry I couldn't pick up, I'm busy but I'll get back to you soon."

After the tone Daichi set the phone down beside him as he cuddled suga close to him on the floor, "h-hey asahi. Please come and help the bar caught on fire, and I'm not sure suga can make it very long and- just please make it."

The dial tone shut off, and they were left in nothing but the silence and the crackling of the flame in all directions.

"Hey Daichi I have a question?"

"Yeah?"

"If it was down to life or death, the last minutes together would you-"

"-trust me blindly?"

"Blindly? That's a bit scary."

"Of course I would. I trust you without eyes, without hearing, or without touch. All I need is you."

"Of course you'd say something sappy on my death bed you dork." Suga grinned.

"I need to go get help."

"Five," suga yawned, "more minutes?"

"Five more minutes."

"Hey Daichi! Look at this cool fact I learned from my class I've been taking. They say that near death experiences cause hallucinations."

"Really? What would that even be?"

"Apparently it's what you would really desire in that moment."

Next thing he knew he was running towards Asahi's apartment, leg no longer broken, bar still in the height of its flame.

Knocking on the door, his two best friends answered. Or they would have. Across the city there still laid Asahi and Nishinoya sleeping peacefully, while their two friends held hands in the bar they planned to own forever, hugging on tight as the last of everything, their moments, and memory's, and finally thier body's, disappeared, trusting eachother blindly for eternity.

And if Daichi had woken up, he would have realized that in that moment he would have wanted Suga to be okay. And that was all.