New Year's Kiss (Mortal meets Demigods)

I'm Anna, and I'm a mortal that can see through the Mist. Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the Oracle, invited me to Camp Half-Blood for New Year's Eve. I happily went.

I saw the demigods she described, such as Percy and Annabeth, Piper and Jason, Frank and Hazel, Leo and Crystal, Travis and Katie, then Clarisse and Chris. They sat side by side by the bonfire, laughing.

Rachel left me to mingle so she could talk to Chiron the centaur.

I noticed a boy staring at me, so I of course blush as he walks over to me.

"I'm Connor Stoll, and who might you be, beautiful lady?" he greeted, holding his hand out.

I could feel my face turning more red as I took his hand and shook it. "Anna."

He grinned at me. "Who's your Godly parent?"

I smiled at him. "I'm a Mortal that's been allowed into camp."

I shivered and buried myself into my coat. He noticed this action, and took my hands. "You're freezing! Come here." He took me over to the fire, and sat me down besides another boy who looked like him and a girl with green eyes.

A girl sat a few logs down, sitting in jeans, boots, a light jacket, and a tank-top, and everyone around her acted like it was normal. I guessed she was the daughter of the Snow Goddess, Khione.

Soon enough, everyone was chanting the coundown to 2015.

TEN!

All the couples turned to eachother, and Connor turned to me.

NINE!

I could feel myself blush as I scooted closer.

EIGHT!

You can do this, I whispered to myself.

SEVEN!

He took my hands in his, and I could feel sparks fly even through the thick gloves.

SIX!

Even closer to midnight.

FIVE!

I could feel his breath on my cheek, he smelled like mint.

FOUR!

Everyone leaned closer to their boyfriend/girlfriend, and Connor leaned closer to me.

THREE!

I leaned closer, and I could smell the smell of mint on him.

TWO!

Our faces were inches apart now.

ONE!

Our lips centimeters apart.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Our lips collided, and I felt sparks fly.

Our kiss lasted longer than anyone else's.

I think that kiss was the best New Year's kiss in history.