Chapter 15: Astreia Realm

For as long as I can remember, I always had my future planned out. Where I would go after highschool and college, that I wished for my own knight in shining armor, how big a family I wanted, and basically just what my life was supposed to be like.
I also remember my mother always telling me:
"Don't plan too much now Leila, you never know what the future might bring."

And of course I never listened, until that day. In the beginning it was just a day like any other, I was walking my way back from school, minding my own business. But when I got to our house, not everything came about as it used to, some men I didn't know were standing outside on our doorstep, one of them wearing a police uniform. The other telling me that he's my uncle, and that he's going to take care of me from now on. Confused I asked so many questions neither of the could keep up. Or maybe not that many, because when I made it to the one asking why my mom couldn't gonna take care of me anymore, I froze. They just looked at me with these faces full of guilt.
On her way to work that morning, right after she had dropped me of at school, someone decided to pass a red light and hit the side of her car. She died instantly, with no chance of saving her. That was the last time I saw my mom, I didn't even attend her funeral. My uncle I never saw because of  his work, so I never really got the chance of getting to know him. And when at 15 years was told that he had sold the  house, and I was to move to Japan, I didn't really know what to do with myself. That he then didn't even show once before my world changed forever I guess I wasn't really that surprised.

****

"The Astreia cannon has been successfully fired dark empress."

"Good," she said with a smile on her face, "Now we just wait till they figure out  how to come back."
Charlynn looked up at the woman sitting in the darkness in front of him, "But dark empress, I thought this was to get rid of them?"
The black haired woman took a hand to her head, "Please give me some privacy Charlynn."
"Yes empress."
The moment her masked follower had left her, a mans voice was heard, "Why are you doing this child? I was at the understanding we wanted the same thing."
The headache starting to get worse she clutched her head harder, and started going towards her sleeping quarters.
"Oh come on, I now you can hear me Ahmya," the voice said, rapidly increasing the volume "DON'T IGNORE ME YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!"
"Ough! Would you shut up and get out of my head!"

****

I was kind of starting to lose hope by  the time we had been for months - I think. Part of me just wanted to get out of that place as fast as possible, but another part of me just wanted to stay. The time we spent in that world was actually really nice, and I was actually getting to know everyone.  And even when I say that, most of my time was still spent trying to open a portal back to Nostuynia and for so long I didn't actually think it would be possible - but then again, someone opened the portals between Earth and Nostuynia at some point, so why not.

When I then managed to open that portal - it was a complete accident. And on top of that, we ended up three months in the past, only three days after our disappearance. Somehow it was nice to know that we know in a way were 3 months ahead of Ahmya, but as we would later find out, we weren't. At all.

"I can't believe we actually did it!" I gushed amazed.
"No," a hand was put on my shoulder "you did it." Hiroshi smiled at me.
"But..." Nephele looked around, "if some kind of cannon sent us to that world, shouldn't all of Esceutan be annihilated now?" she ended and pointed at the valley.

We all looked her way. She had a point. It was too quiet for us to have been gone for 3 months. If we had been gone for that long, Ahmya should have at least tried to undertake all of Nostuynia. Something wasn't completely right. But maybe we should've used it to our advantage, and attacked Ahmya when she least expected it?
"Could it be that this is just another of those fake realms?" Gwydion said.
Celeste looked at him, "No." she answers, "Leila sent us back in time with that portal."
I didn't understand a thing. How was I supposed to have sent everyone back in time? I had trouble sending us to Nostyunia in the first place.
"But isn't time magic impossible?" I said, still confused as hell.
"Yeah -" Nephele said, "but in theory you can trade your lifespan for a setback in time."
"The thing is-" Celeste continued, "you haven't aged a bit, and that shouldn't be possible."

I looked around at everyone, who all seemed just as confused as I. Could it really be, that had so much magical energi, that I could send 7 people several months back in time? 
"Well it is possible the time in Astrei just flows differently right?" Daichi interrupted my thoughts. 
"Yeah, like the spirit world." Aine agreed, "Maybe we weren't actually gone for 3 months, but 3 days."

While we were walking back it didn't leave my mind that we actually didn't know if I was the one that sent us back. Because if it was, how powerful was I really? If only the god of time could do something like that, what would it make me? I mean I am the daughter of both a god and goddess.

Before I could get any further in that though, we entered the castle; and everyone were panicking. Seems it hadn't been that long since they realised we were gone, and to everyone around us - we just disappeared. With no one but ourselves knowing what happened and where we had disappeared to, when we suddenly walked through the doors a few days after disappearing, everyone stopped, dropped stuff and stared at us, like they'd just seen a ghost. A servant then came to us and told us all to follow her. As we got to the kings chambers, the king looked at us with the same confusion as everyone else, and for a while we just stood there looking at each other, until I wave at the king with a grin and say,
"Hey."