Chapter 19: The Truth Will Come Out

*A/N, Just imagine the girl above floating and with a staff in her hand*
******************************************************************************

"I don't make it a habit of making deals with my enemies."
"But all I want to do is to play a little game:" she answered me, tilting her head.
"I would rather not. Thank you."
She looked at me, the expression on her face disappearing. "Very well." she knocked her staff into the ground, only for the roaring sound of the wood against the floor roaming through the hallways.
Though after a little while the man we had earlier encountered appeared at her side. Just as the first time, he had a body covered with flames and an expression as cold as ice. How the girl had summoned him, I don't know. Of course I didn't know much about magic, but a memory from training with Celeste told me that a magic circle was required for any summoning spell. And this wasn't just some low level demon, this would need magical energy on a whole other level.
If she had done this so fast this little would be on the same level as a god. She couldn't possibly have done this, someone was watching us, and just send heer help.

If I would hope to beat this girl, I would have to do at the same time as the beast, and with her commandment.

****

"So, Greidiawl, what's a kid like you doing with Ahmyas elite forces?"
"First of all; I am no kid." she insisted, still without showing a single emotion, " And second; If I wanted to, I could easily kill Ahmya without her even noticing me. She's just lucky I want the demon king no harm."

I was shocked. If she had been lying, something should have happened to her. Was she really stronger than Ahmya? And if she was, why couldn't she just stop me herself? Why get help from someone else?

"You seem confused, my child," she continues, as she notices my expresion, "My orders are to not kill you, and so, I called for Abigor to help me."
"Abigor? The demon of war?"
"Some know him as that, yes."

What was this, what more didn't I know about this war? I couldn't believe no one told me who we were actually up against. Up until that day everyone around me had been talking like Ahmya herself was the biggest thread. But right then I was standing before someone who was clearly stronger, who was telling me that the demon of war was in the castle somewhere, only sending his minions. And that they only answer to Ahmya for the sake of the demon king.

"What do you say we play my game then?" Greidiawl says after a little while.
"Your game?"
"Yes, I give you a lifeline, and send this guy back where he came from. And then we see who is last standing, each taking a hit at a time."

This is my chance, if I didn't agree, this Abigor would probably just send another monster. So maybe that would actually give me a chance. Though if I did agree she would clearly hold out longer than me, why else propose it? 

****

"Okay."
"Oh, but remember, you can't just run. That would be a lie."
"I know that." I step a little closer as the monster disappears.
"You go first then."
I thought that if I used Arc when she had taken a few hits - then maybe I could at least knock her out for a little while.
"Astra cialis, levis pluvia super terram."

A rain of stars fell upon Greidiawl, and dust emerged around her. At first I couldn't see what happened because I got the dust in my eyes, but then I realized that she only got a little scratch.
"Hm, that actually hurt a little." She just declared, while wiping the blood of her face. Again, she lifts her staff to attack. "Crepitus."
I took the hit by taking some of the force with my forearms. It took more strength from me than any of my bigger spells would ever take from my enemy, but I had to keep going. It wasn't possible for me to back down so fast, I'd have to use "Arc" already.

"Noctu coruscat astris. Inimicus ignis ardentis. Pugnare mihi vires." A tiny ball of light appeared in my hand, and Greidiawl said;
"What? You're gonna throw light at me?"
I smiled at her, and that was when she realised what I was actually doing. Her eyes widened and for the first time I saw an emotion written on her face. Fear. Only moments before I cast the spell she lifted her staff and disappeared.

"ARC!!"