Chapter 2

Both teenagers rushed outside the canteen and saw the akuma firing blasts everywhere. Citizens were being turned into animals everywhere they looked. Marinette and Adrien turned their heads to face each other "I HAVE TO GO!" They said to one another before running in opposite directions. 

Marinette ran into the closet girls bathroom and Tikki flew out of her purse "Looks like Hawkmoth has akumatised someone else" The bluenette informed her kwami. "Tikki spots on!". A pink flash covered Marinette as she transformed into Paris's beloved spotted heroine Ladybug.

Adrien ran into an alleyway behind the canteen and Plagg floated out of his jacket pocket "I need cheese!!" He moaned. Adrien sighed "Not now Plagg we have an akuma to deal with" He threw his fist in front of his body. "Plagg claws out!" A green flash covered Adrien as he transformed into one of Paris's heroes Chat Noir. 

The heroes jumped onto the roof of the Françoise Dupont High School and almost bumped into each other. "M'lady lovely running into you" Chat Noir flirted and bowed. This earned an eye roll from his partner. "Not now Chat we have an akuma to deal with!" Ladybug said before she turned and swung away on her yoyo heading to the scene of battle. Chat Noir stood up and shook his head before following Ladybug on his staff.

They arrived at the scene to be met by an akuma. She was covered from head to toe in a black spandex costume. Dotted across the costume where little animal paw prints ranging from birds to big cats, to the common households pets. Around her neck she held a stethoscope which Ladybug guessed was used on animals to test their heartbeats. "That's where the akuma is" Ladybug mumbled to herself. 

"My name is Animal Protecteur and I will end animal abuse!" The akuma shouted. A man was taking out the trash behind a restaurant when a puppy emerged from behind the bins. The stray tried to tear open the bin in hopes of getting some food. The man saw this and shooed the dog away. The akuma saw this and fired a blast from their hands straight towards the man. This resulted into the man turning into a puppy. "Now you shall be punished!" The akuma cackled.

After a few hours of fighting Ladybug decided to call on her secret weapon "Lucky Charm!" A spotted mirror fell down into her hands. "M'Lady you don't need a mirror you are already looking mew-rvellous"  Chat Noir joked flashing Ladybug his iconic 'Chat Noir' smile. Ladybug rolled her eyes and ignored her partner. Her eyes darted around trying to form a plan when none came to mind. The heroine groaned in frustration when an idea came to mind. Ladybug gave Char Noir an apologetic look and punched him in the stomach. Chat Noir groaned from the pain this caught the akuma's eyes. She aimed a beam at Ladybug and fired in her direction. Ladybug put the mirror in front of her and the beam reflected back at the akumatised victim causing her to turn into a cat. The cat fell into Chat Noir's arms whilst Ladybug broke the stethoscope in half and a black butterfly emerged from it. 

 Ladybug swung her yoyo and caught the fleeing butterfly "Gotcha!" She said and tapped the yoyo. "Bye Bye little butterfly" Ladybug waved as a white butterfly emerged from her yoyo and flew away. She took the lucky charm summoned earlier in the battle and threw it into the air. Millions of little ladybugs expanded from the lucky charm and filled the air, restoring the damage from the akuma."Pound it!" The superheroes said in unison pounding their fists together. Beep..Beep.. Ladybug felt her earring 3 minutes left...

"I have to go, I'm about to detransform back" Ladybug waved. She got her yoyo and swung it onto a secure holding place. The spotted heroine turned to face her partner "Are you okay to deal with the victim?" She asked. Chat Noir nodded in response "Of course M'Lady". Ladybug rolled her eyes at the cat themed hero and swung away on her yoyo. 

She landed safely on her balcony de-transforming as her feet hit the ground. Marinette opened the trapdoor leading to her bedroom and walked inside. The battle had lasted four hours which meant that she had missed the rest of the school day. Tikki flew inside following her holder. The little kwami flew over to plate of cookies and helped herself to one. Tikki flew back to Marinette and hoovered above her. Marinette rolled over and buried her head in her pillow "I missed a whole afternoon of seeing Adrien Tikki" She mumbled into the pillow. The kwami sighed "If only you know you did in fact spend and entire afternoon with Adrien.." She mumbled. It was times like these where Tikki wished she could tell Marinette about Chat Noir's identity, but the laws of the miraculous forbade her from doing so.

Marinette groaned into her pillow once more before she sat up. She climbed down her ladder and sat at her desk. Her school bag was lying next to the chair. Might as well do some homework. The bluenette girl pulled out her homework and started through the pile of books and worksheets. 

In a dark lair surrounded by butterflies stood Hawkmoth. "Ladybug and Chat Noir have beaten me again! Just you wait.. Everything will turn upside down! I will have my victory!" He had a devious smile across his face "Everything is going according to plan sir" Natalie emerged from the shadows holding a tablet tightly to her chest. Hawkmoth dropped his transformation "Excellent Natalie, soon we will have victory and Emilie will return to us once again.." Gabriel turned to face his assistant a devious smile resting on his face.