Chapter 6

Marinette opened her eyes and looked around. 'Where am I? ' She was in a white room with petals falling from the sky. In front of her stood her alter ego Ladybug. 'Ladybug... What is she doing here? What is going on?' Marinette began to panic, she couldn't recognise where she was...

Ladybug walked towards Marinette "Marinette you need to wake up!" The spotted heroine urged "Open your eyes, Open your eyes.." She repeated over and over again. Marinette looked around, she was beginning to feel extremely dizzy. A light appeared in front of her and the bluenette felt a pull to walk towards it. Her feet began to move as the light engulfed her body..

The sun had began to set across the horizon, oranges and yellows filled the sky mixing perfectly with the blue of the early night sky. Adrien was curled up in a chair opposite Marinette's bed, a blanket draped over his shoulders and body. The nurses had broken the rule with non family members staying overnight but they couldn't bring themselves to make him leave, instead they had brought him a blanket when he fell asleep in the chair a few hours earlier. 

A hand moved ever so slightly, Tikki flew towards the sleeping boy "Her hand moved!" She said waking the blonde beneath her wake up with a sudden jolt. Adrien rushed to Marinette's side as ocean blue eyes fluttered open. Marinette's eyes darted around confused, where was she? Where was Chat? What happened? The thoughts ran through her mind on repeat as her eyes locked onto a boy in front of her. Adrien?! Marinette screamed internally What was Adrien doing here?! 

Adrien looked at Marinette, he let out a huge sigh of relief that she was awake and safe. "I'm so glad your okay M'lady, you had me worried sick" Adrien smiled at the confused bluenette girl lying in front of him. Marinette felt like she was going to explode, her face turned a shade darker than her Ladybug costume. Adrien was worried about her!.. Her?! Clumsy Marinette Dupain-Cheng!! WAIT.. Did he say 'M'Lady'? Only Cha- Realisation hit Marinette like a hard smack in the face. Adrien was Chat Noir! Adrien was her flirty partner who she kissed, She kissed Adrien!! 

"Chaton?" Marinette asked making Adrien's emerald green eyes widen from shock before his lips smiled massively. He bowed in his seat before looking Marinette in the eyes, the eyes he loved so much "The one and only" He replied. Marinette turned a new shade of red which made Adrien frown. "A-Are you disappointed?.." He whispered a twinge of hurt in his voice which made Marinette's heart break in two. She sat up in her bed trying not to make the room spin and placed a hand on his cheek making him look her in the eyes. Marinette shook her head "Why would I be disappointed kitty?" She asked smiling softly. Adrien looked away from her "Because whenever I talk to you without the mask.. You're always really nervous around me.. It feels like you hate me.." He whispered in response not looking Marinette in the eye for fear that he may be right..

"I don't hate you Adrien.. I-I" Marinette stopped mid-sentence 'Now or never! ' She thought to herself before taking in a deep breath. "I love you.. Your the other boy.." Marinette smiled softly. Adrien's eyes widened in shock and darted to lock eye contact with Marinette. "Y-You love me?.." He chocked out blushing darkly. Marinette slowly nodded nervous at what his response would be. Adrien's lips widened into a bright smile "I love you too!" He beamed blushing. Marinette blush deepened darker than it already was. She couldn't form any words, a massive smile was her only response. 

Adrien cupped Marinette's chin and looked into her eyes for permission. Marinette nodded in response. Their faces drew closer until they were inches apart. Marinette closed her eyes as their lips drew closer, blush darted across her cheeks. Adrien did the same and closed his eyes as their lips touched..