Chapter 3

6 days earlier

Marinette woke up with a sudden jolt. Her alarm was blaring in her ears. She groaned and looked at the time "8:20! I'm going to be late!". Marinette jumped out of her seat and started rushing around. She changed into some fresh clothes and brushed her hair, leaving it down for the day. She grabbed her purse and made sure it had Tikki and some cookies inside. 

Marinette ran down the stairs and through the bakery saying goodbye to her parents. She ran in the direction of school just about making it. The bluenette was almost at the door when she bumped into a certain blonde also late for school. 

"Ouch" Marinette mumbled. She looked up to see Adrien offering a hand to help her up. "S-Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" He blushed slightly from embarrassment. Marinette took his hand blushing ten times darker as Adrien helped her to her feet. "I-I should be the one to say s-sorry.." She stuttered. Adrien shook his head "I bumped into you I should be the one to say sorry" He said. Marinette was about to say something when a teacher walked up to them frowning "Get to class the bell went ten minutes ago!" The teacher shouted. Marinette and Adrien apologised to the teacher and quickly scurried into their classroom where they were met by a frowning Mrs Mendelv. They gave her a sheepish look before going to their individual seats.

Marinette sat down still blushing from bumping into Adrien. Alya looked at Marinette a stern look on her face. Marinette knew exactly what she was going to say "I slept in.." She said to her best friend before she could get an interrogation. 

The school day passed normally, which made both Adrien and Marinette on edge for an akuma attack. At the moment there had been one almost every day two at the most. So with the school day almost over, it was incrediably strange for there to have not been an akuma attack? But it would not remain peaceful..

A few hours passed and school had long been finished. Marinette walked up the stairs to her bedroom and collapsed on her chaise. Tikki flew out of her hiding spot and over to her holder "Is everything okay Marinette?" The kwami asked. "It's strange, there has been no akuma attack today?" Just as Marinette finished her sentence, screams were heard from outside her window. 

Marinette sat up and rushed to the window. People were screaming and running away terrified. Gunshots were heard firing into the air. Marinette and Tikki exchanged a worried look. They were in for a tough and dangerous battle. "Tikki spots on!" Marinette called. A pink flash covered her body transforming her into her alter ego; Ladybug.

Ladybug slowly crept through the trapdoor of her bedroom window and stepped onto the balcony. She took her yoyo from her waist and swung away, her eyes scanning around for the akuma or an injured citizen. Sirens were heard as fire engines, police and ambulances rushed around helping those injured get medical help. Police were trying to keep everyone calm. Ladybug landed besides Officer Rogers the head of the police department "What do we do Ladybug?" He asked looking at the teenage hero for help. "Keep everyone calm and get them inside for safety, Tell Paris that Ladybug and Chat Noir will take care of it" She smiled. Officer Rogers nodded "Thank you Ladybug" Ladybug smiled. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrien walked into his room exhausted from the school and photo shoots all day long. He put his school bag down on the floor next to his chair and collapsed onto his bed. Plagg floated out of the school bag and over to his holder "I need camenbert Adrien!" The kwami moaned. Adrien sighed "Cupboard under the trophy case.. ONE piece Plagg!" The blonde informed his kwami. Plagg groaned and disappeared into the cupboard. A cheer was heard from inside the cupboard as Plagg devoured his Camembert in one go. Adrien laughed at the kwami and sat up. He got off his bed and walked to his desk. Taking out his homework, the blonde boy took a pen in his hand and got to work on the ever growing pile. 

A few hours passed and sirens were heard from outside his window. Adrien eyes fluttered open and he sat up groggily. "I must've fell asleep?" He mumbled to himself. Adrien stood up and walked to his window. He looked out onto the streets of Paris. Destruction and debris were scattered across the streets. Citizens were screaming running for cover from the continuous blasts. 

Adrien's eyes widened as he watched the scene unfold from the streets. He turned around and his green eyes darted across his room trying to find his kwami. Adrien located a sleeping Plagg on his pillow and rushed over. He woke the sleeping kwami earning a mumble and groan from Plagg. Adrien sighed. "Plagg claws out!" He threw his fist in front of him as a very wide awake Plagg was dragged into the ring on his finger, begging and praying not to transform. A green flash covered his body transforming him into his alter ego; Chat Noir. 

Chat Noir opened his window and stood on the window sill. Using his staff, he vaulted across the rooftops trying to locate either the akuma or Ladybug. He spotted a red costume with black dots across the costume and landed beside her.  "Sorry I'm late.." He rubbed the back of his head. Ladybug turned to face her partner "No worries Chat, I just got here too" She smiled "Now what do you say we go find this akuma and save the day?" As soon as the words left Ladybug's mouth, a figure appeared across the rooftops of Paris..