CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9
Brainwave

Chapter 9Brainwave

TWO HOURS LATER

TWO HOURS LATER...

STANDING behind Courtney I could hear her emotion as I was continuing to wonder more about Henry. A few hours ago it was crazy to think that Henry King Jr....one of my enemies after everything he has done. Was able to blast Courtney and Cindy away with a force field or some sort of energy. He was able to do it with his mind, which could only mean he was Brainwave's son. Well...crap! This town is wax paper. It attracts the ISA.

"He was screaming for it to stop. He was so scared. And I was scared, too. I could feel everything he felt. He...he was lonely, confused. Sad." Courtney said as I could see Pat still thinking about everything while he was sitting over on a stool reading over something. But still listening to what Courtney had to say. "I wasn't expecting that." Courtney said, turning to look over at Pat. "He's not like Cindy...or even like his father. Uh... I know what he did to Yolanda was awful." She said looking over to me as I put my head down knowing that she could see how hard it was for me to trust Henry 100%...yet at least. "but I want to ask him to help us." He continued as I could hear Pat sigh and his body language change as he doesn't understand what he wants to do. Or even say at the moment.

"I know it's a risk. But if he can read minds, then he could tell us who else is in the ISA. Pat? McKenna?" She asked us both as I was still looking down as she came closer to me. "What is it?" She asked Pat as he looked back at us. "Our best case scenario was that the ISA came to Blue Valley after they killed the Justice Society to hide. To underground and disappear. But if Dr.Ito is Cindy's father...and he's working for them. They're planning something" Pat explained as I could agree in a way with his thinking since it's true. I may have never heard much of Dr.Ito other than he's a war criminal, but he does seem like if...what Pat is saying that he is worse than what anyone is thinking.

"I'm not sure it's possible to kill Dr.Ito. He experimented on himself, Court, until he evolved into something beyond human. Like Cindy, but much, much worse. He calls himself "Dragon King." Pat told us, "He started his long life building weapons to kill tens of thousands." Pat continued as Courtney questioned his reasoning as I looked at her knowing Pat was right. That they can from what is still telling us that Dragon King could be alive, which would make sense of why Cindy is so...so powerful. "Sylvester and I were part of a different team when we fought Dr.Ito. This is before we joined the JSA." He told both of us. "You were a part of another team?" She asked. "Yeah. We called ourselves, The Seven Soldiers of Victory." Pat told us as he handed Courtney a photo of the team he used to be on as I looked over her shoulder as she flinched and I almost backed away when she spoke, "There's Robin Hood, and a knight. And there were eight of you, Pat." Courtney said as I nodded getting some of my blonde hair in my eyes as I had to use my hand to remove it from my face.