Chapter 22

~Rachel's POV~

It was hard. Very hard watching your best friend gtting shot by your mom's boyfriend. 

"How are you feeling, sunshine?" Riker asked Debbie while kneeling next to her hospital bed. 

"Could be better," she replied with a slight smile. 

"Debbie, I don't know if it will make you feel any better but I invited our friend from middle school Katie," I told her. Debbie, Katie, and I used to be really close in Middle School but then we lost contact. I saw Katie at Starbucks the other day, got her number, and decided to invite her today to cheer Debbie up.

"We invited our friend Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men," said Rocky.

"Wooooo partay," Rydel cheered excitedly and we all laughed. 

"Heyyyyyyyyyyy," we all turned around and saw Katie in the doorway.

"Hey, Katie," I said and went to hug her. 

"How are you, Debbie?" Katie asked her while handing her some flowers. 

"I'm doing fine. I'm so glad to see you," Debbie smiled and sat up a little bit to give her a hug. 

It was so sweet to watch 2 of my best friends reunite after a long time. I saw Ross standing in the corner by himself watching everyone, so I went to talk to him. 

"Hey, Rossy," I said approaching him with a hug. 

"Hey," he replied hugging me tightly.

"I never got to thank you, Ross."

"For what?"

"For coming to save me," I got on tippy toes and kissed him, something I haven't done in a while.

"You are welcome, princess," he replied and kissed my nose. 

"Ay yo daddy is in da house," Austin said while walking in.

"Hey, Austin," Ross said and went to do the 'cool guy' handshake thing.

"Rachel, who's that?" Katie quietly asked me.

"That's Austin Carlile from the band Of Mice & Men," I replied to her. Austin seemed cool, I think we could be really good friends.

"Can he have my babies," Katie whispered.

"What?" I said.

"What?" she replied and went to talk to Austin and the boys.

"Ughhhh great my boyfriend is calling me," Katie whined as she took her phone out of her purse.

"It doesn't sound like you really love your boyfriend," Austin said and lightly chuckled.

"I don't actually. I used to when we first started dating, but then my feelings for him faded and it's not the same anymore," Katie explained and slightly frowned.

"Then you should break up with him," Ellington said.

"Should I?" Katie asked and everyone nodded.

"It's now or never," Austin said and put his arm around her shoulders for support. 

"Hey, Daryl. Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Hey, listen um I think we should break up. I'm sorry but I don't really love or like anymore. Sorry." Katie finished and hang up.

"Great job, hun," Austin said and side hugged her. Oh my god they would be such a cute couple.

"You guys should date," Rydel suggested and they both blushed.

"Awwwww," everyone awed in unison. 

"Excuse me," doctor said as he walked in "we don't allow this many people in a hospital room." 

Everyone frowned, but went to give Debbie a hug and exited the room. 

"Stay strong," I whispered as I hugged my best friend.

This was so hard on all of us even if we tried to cover. My mom's boyfriend can't stay free, he needs to go to jail for what he did.

"Hey, it's ok," Ross said and hugged me.

Why can't I stay like this forever? 

____________________________

Happy New Year :))

Enjoy this chapter <3

~Anastasia