Part 13

As they approached the door to Andi's house, they both froze. Ashton stopped Andi's attempt to hide herself by pulling her face toward his, placing a gentle kiss to her lips, and reminding her that everything would be okay. Taking notice of her mother's car in the driveway, they both slowly made their way through the front door. When they saw her mother sitting on the couch, they stopped, waiting for the impending explosion sure to come.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing here? Andi, do I need to remind you of what we discussed?" Her mother questioned, her tone menacing.

"No, ma'am, I'm sorry--" she began, but Ashton cut her off.

"Andi is coming home with me." He firmly stated to the cold woman, pulling the pieces of the broken girl he loved closer to him, holding her together.

"Excuse me? And just who do you think you are?"

"I'm her boyfriend. And I care about her more than you ever could. She's not safe here, so I'm taking her somewhere where she will be safe."

"Oh? And what makes you think she's not safe? What makes you think she's not loved here?"

"Did you see what you did to her face?!" His voice suddenly spiked, sending a nervous shiver down Andi's spine. "Did you see what she did to herself?! That was all because of you! When did it become safe to hit your daughter?! Or to leave razor blades out and open when you fucking know she has a problem?! Who the hell does that?!"

His words cut deep, deeper than the blade Andi had held to her wrist not so long ago. Her mother just stood still, trying not to crack. Moments passed before she approached the tall boy, a rage shining brightly behind her dark eyes.

"She is a waste. She doesn't deserve to be here, and she sure as hell doesn't deserve a guy like you. If you were smart, you'd leave her. You'd go find yourself a real woman." As she said these words, her hands made their way to Ashton's chest, her eyes grazing over his body. "You should be with a woman, not some insecure little girl. Why don't you leave this little trash and let me make a man out of you," her words came out cold, chilling Andi and Ashton to the core.

"I have a better idea. Why don't you go to hell where you belong. Burn there while you're at it. She's leaving, and if you ever come near her again, we'll have a much larger problem."

"Oh? And what do you think you're going to do?"

"Well, seeing as you just came on to me, and I'm still a minor, that means charges. That means I can make your life a living hell if you come near me again. And since I will never be leaving her side again, that'll make it pretty hard for you to go near her. That's what I'm going to do."

The woman's eyes widened drastically, following an audible gasp from both her and her daughter. After a few moments, the woman stalked out of the room, leaving the couple alone. Ashton slowly turned toward Andi, and before he could blink, her arms were around him, her head resting against his chest. They slowly pulled apart and made their way up to her room, gathering all of her things for the last time.

After about an hour of packing, they made their way to Ashton's house hand in hand. When they walked through the door, Anne greeted her with open arms and a smile, thankful to have Andi around, and, more importantly, safe. Seeing Ashton smile for the first time in a week was also a welcomed addition. Neither Anne nor Andi had realized how empty things felt without seeing a smile grace his face. After some small talk and a fairly awkward dinner, Andi and Ashton walked to Ashton's room, where they stayed for the remainder of the night.

That night, they fell asleep together, Andi engulfed in Ashton's arms, the warmth of his chest relaxing her. The nightmares stopped that night, and they never came back.