Chapter 1 - A Text From Todd

Here, I present to you, my fellow Wattpaders, Youth Group Popularity. It is a spin off of Everything I Had, but you do not have to read that book to understand it. But if you would like to read it, it is completed and on my page. Anyways, this isn't really much of first chapter considering I wrote it a long time ago, but the other chapters have more substance to them. Another thing, I give everything to God. This book is to help whoever needs it. Yes, it is rated PG-13 because of situations, alcohol use, and mild language. Please do not take any offense to it.  Happy reading xoxo

I was born and raised in church for as long as I could Remember. I remember being in the 4 year old's class and watching my teacher stick 2-D felt pictures of Apostles and wise men and all other bible characters on a board. But those memories have faded since my first day of youth group on wednesday nights. Talk about emotional! It makes you forget everything you've learned in all of your other sunday school classes quicker than you can ring a bell.

Life as a christian became difficult after I was about 13. You know, peer pressure and such, But my youth group kept me strong in my faith. We all do. We're like one big family. I feel like I'm at home whenever I walk through the doors of that small church. I feel... like i'm where i'm meant to be. In God's hands.

"Ell, I printed out those scriptures you wanted," Preston said as he handed me the stapled pieces of paper. He adjusted his backpack and his glasses then looked up at me through them.

"Thanks. It's perfect," I beamed at him.

I also teach the children's class at the church whenever I am needed, like a substitute. Preston loved editing things and typing so I always let him type my lessons for me. He helps me a lot and I'm very grateful to have him as a friend.

"So what craft are the kids doing this we-" he began but his phone vibrated. And almost a second later, mine did too. "Oh it's Todd."

"You got a text from Todd? So did I," I said as I opened the text.

"Big important news. Come to church early so we can talk privately. You and Preston are going to have a meeting with me but don't tell ANYONE. Not even Amanda. -Todd"

Oh yeah, Amanda is me and Preston's best friend. She's one of those fierce, boy crazed red heads. But, she's lovable and only uses her ninja powers when necessary.

"I'm kind of scared right now," I said through a chuckle.

"I wonder what he wants us to do?" Preston wondered.

"I dunno. I guess we'll find out tonight."

He shrugged then said, "Maybe It has to do with Youth Group Popularity?"

"Yeah maybe. It just got published."

Youth Group Popularity is this amazing book that Todd, our youth pastor, wrote. He gave us one of the first copies and it's really an amazing book. It's about Christians who are the popular kids in high school who struggle to live up to God's standards. 

  "He hasn't picked out an official book cover, and you're into editing, so maybe that has something to do with it?" I suggested.

 "Maybe...But why would he need you?" 

 "Maybe because I'm his favorite? Duh," I joked. Even though that didn't make sense, we both shrugged off our curiosity.

The school bell rang throughout the halls and me and Preston waved each other goodbye. What could this meeting possibly be about?