Chapter Sixteen: Sign Of The Enemy

"I am!"

Everyone turned to the traitor.

"Jack...?" everyone, including me, questioned slowly. His laugh was shrill and more of a distorted cackle. It was sickening and I could feel my chest undulating with the hurt of betrayal.

"I knew you couldn't be trusted, you scum!" I screamed as he continued to laugh as if any of this situation were hilarious. I lunged at him and kicked him in the chest. He stopped laughing and began to wheeze. I pulled him to the ground as I strangled him with one arm.

As the anger bubbled up in my gut, I viciously started punching him with my free hand. I continued to do this, no regrets as of all my sanity had left my body. This war was going to be won by my hands and no one else's!

Everyone had to pull me off to keep from beating the shit out of Laughing Jack.

"You stupid bitch. You'll pay for that." he growled, holding his bloody nose as he ran out of the motel room. My wrist felt sprained, my knuckles were going to be bruised later today if not by tomorrow and I'm pretty sure my nails held his flesh beneath them. They were sinking into his skin around his neck from where I held him down. I brushed my stray hair out of my face, and panted like a dog in summer heat.

My anger somehow dissipated as all my friends stared at me.

"Are you better now?" Hoodie asked.

"Fuck no!" I shouted, "I want to kill them so badly. I want to kill Zalgo, Laughing Jack, and every other goon Zalgo has at his disposal. There is no way I'm letting any of this go. Not a single fucking chance."

I glared at the open doorway, a deeper hatred consuming me.

I swore to myself I'd hunt them all down, even if I were to die doing it, it would be my conquest.